-Chapter 9-

A/N: can we just appreciate how smol and cute tanaka and noya are in this pic ≧◡≦ ok das all ENJOY THE STORY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, we're going!" Takeda announced. It was the middle of the night and Karasuno's boys volleyball team was headed to Tokyo for the long awaited away games. 

"Woah, leaving at night is so cool!" Hinata exclaimed, gleaming with excitement. You giggled at the sight and let out a yawn.

"Tired?" Noya stood beside you and let your head lie on his shoulder while the rest of the team loaded their bags onto the bus.

"Yeah, this is so exciting, but I'm tired at the same time..." you replied. Noya smiles at you and holds you. 

"Guys hurry up and get on the bus!" Ukai instructed sternly. You scurried to the back seat to sit between Shimizu and Yachi, and the bus takes off. Everyone drifted off into a deep sleep pretty quickly, except the 3 of you. The tiredness seemed to fade away as you stared out the window at the bright stars and full moon.

"Haru-chan?" Shimizu starts the conversation, getting both you and Yachi's attention. 

"Have you decided if you would join the girls' volleyball team? I admit they aren't the strongest or the best team out there, but I think you'll be able to bring the standard up." the third year said as she propped her head up with her hand, leaning her head against the window. 

"I'm still not very sure, I don't think I'll be accepting their invitation though..." you sighed and leaned your head back on the head rest. 

"Besides, I already have a club, don't I?" you grinned, showing your pearly whites. Shimizu looks at you and returns a smile, happy with your loyalty to the team. Yachi, however, huffs loudly. The 2 of you turn to look at her, wondering what was wrong.

"Ne, Haru-chan." her tone is dark and serious. The cheery high-pitched Yachi was no where to be seen. Something in her snapped after hearing your answer.

"You're given all these good opportunities without doing anything or asking for them, yet you reject them and take everything for granted! Ever since you joined, you've just gotten along so well with everyone like it was nothing, when I took so long to get comfortable around the team. Now you've swooped in and have everyone fawning over you, while I'm just here for no reason. Like I lost my purpose on the team. It feels like you're trying to replace me or something. Why do you have to be so selfish?" 

Both you and Shimizu were taken aback by Yachi's confession. All her bottled up anger and frustrations were finally let out. You felt tears well up in your eyes, not expecting to have hurt your first friend in Karasuno without even knowing you did. You took a deep breath in and exhaled out slowly, feeling like you had no right to cry.

"This must have been how they felt... This was the reason they hated me..." you whimpered. You looked down on your lap and tugged at the ends of your shirt, hands clenched in a fist as you willed your tears not to fall. Yachi was stunned that she had blurted everything out and was beginning to regret her choice of words.

"Haru-chan, I'm so sorr-"

"No, its okay Yachi-san. I'll tell you why I'm not interested in the girls' volleyball team. When I went to America for the scholarship..."

<flashback: America>

American Youth Volleyball School.

I've made it big. This scholarship may have been by luck but I'm for sure not gonna let it go to waste. I hope my teammates are nice, I can't wait!