-Chapter 12-

It was the day. Finals. Center court. 5 set match. Karasuno VS Shiratorizawa. No one expected Karasuno to advance so far, the flightless crows had recovered their broken wings. They will fly faster, stronger, higher, and they wouldn't be stopping.

"Okay, make sure you get as warm as you can. Misaki, Kiyoko, may I have a word?" Ukai instructs the team when they're in the court and then turns to the 2 of you. You glance at each other and follow the sensei.

"Kiyoko-san, I know you're the official manager as of now, but I'm thinking of letting Misaki-san stay on the bench with me and Takeda today. She has first-hand experience with Ushiwaka and I'd like to make use of her knowledge." Ukai scratches his neck unsurely, you and him both knowing that it wasn't really fair for the third year.

"Ah, I'm sure Shimizu will be better-"

"No. I understand." she smiled and pat you on the back lightly, but you felt guilty and looked away from her.

"Hey, Haru. You're gonna have to get used to the bench, and I'm trusting you and Yachi to take care of these monkeys for me! I'm counting on you!" 

Now, you are now face to face with the goddess. She seemed just slightly sad, but for the most part, she was relieved. She gave you her signature perfect smile and nodded at Ukai who thanked her for being understanding.

"Ukai-sensei, we're all warmed up!" Daichi approaches and informs us, then the rest of the team gathers.

"We have serving, spiking and receives to do but we need to wait for the other team.For today's finals, Misaki-san will be on the bench." Ukai says and Shimizu adds on.

"She's more useful for the game today, don't give her a hard time and...do your best..." she blushed and bowed, pulling Yachi away to go to the stands. The boys were extremely touched by her words and almost teared up.

"Anyway, where's Shiratorizawa?" Kageyama looks at the opposite side of the court, still empty.

"Those bastards. Just cuz' they're the strongest team in Miyagi prefecture they think they can show up late?" Tanaka scowls, putting his arm around Kageyama. You noticed Hinata glaring at the doors.

"SHIII-RA-TO-RI-ZA-WA" 

The doors swung open and the cheers from the stands grew louder and louder. The entire Karasuno team whipped their heads towards the guys in purple, the intense aura that surrounded them captivated the team in black.

They're here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAM!

"Nice kill, Wakatoshi-kun!"

You heard a voice say. You quickly turned around and saw Ushijima walking off the court with a red-haired male. The spiker looked up and noticed you immediately, with a surprised expression.

"Haru-chan?"

"Oh, Wakatoshi-kun! Hey!" you greeted and skipped over to him.

"It's been quite a while. I didn't know you were in Karasuno."

"Yeah! They're going to beat your ass Wakatoshi-kun!"

"No, we're going to Nationals."

"Nah."

"Yes."

"Cold as ever, Wakatoshi-kun."

"Anyway, I hope to play with you at All Japan training again."