Chapter 19

--Time skip: 1 month--

It was finally time for another expedition outside the walls. It would be my first one in a while, but I wasn't worried. I had trained a ton with my squad.

During the past month, Levi and I have been seeing each other in secret. Only one person knew that we were dating: Titan Mommy Hanji. She saw me blushing one night after sneaking into Levi's room and she put the pieces together. Thankfully, she had enough respect (and fear) for Levi that she didn't say anything. 

Nervousness and excitement filled the air as everyone put on their gear as quick as possible. As I was about to go get my horse, (H/N) (pls be jean pls be jean), a hand grabbed my waist. It turned me around. 

"Hi, Levi," I said, leaning in for a kiss. 

He dodged my kiss and leaned towards me, whispering in my ear, "You have to promise me that you'll be safe. Erwin put you in an unsafe spot today despite my objections." 

I looked towards him and smiled. "Don't worry. I'll be fine. I'm more prepared than ever to go into this."

"Fine," he replied. He leaned in and kissed me. "And there's that kiss you were looking for." 

As he walked away I screamed back, "You better be safe too, Shorty!" As he replied with a thumbs up. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all gathered in the Shiganshina (that is such a hard word to spell wow) district waiting for the gates to open. I reassured each new scout that was shaking with worry. 

Sooner or later we were free again in the titan's territory. 

"Scouting formation! GO!" Erwin screamed. 

I caught a quick glance of Levi before we had to go our separate ways. I mouthed that I loved him quickly and I caught a quick glance of a smile on his face before we were too far apart to see each other. 

I bit my lip. Yes, I felt prepared, but anything could go wrong. Why did Erwin even put my squad in one of the most dangerous positions when we all haven't gone on an expedition in a while? 

I heard steps behind me as I saw a crawler behind us. 

"Shit," I murmured. "Alright squad! Let's do this thing! Sasha, fire the gun!" 

"Aye aye!" She said. We moved formations and avoided needing to get off our horses until we reached the forest. The damn crawler ran into a tree, thankfully. I wiped my forehead as I increased speed. 

"H-help me!" I heard a scream. I longed to help the poor cadet that screamed that. Maybe I knew him. But I couldn't get my squad at risk. We all needed to come back alive. 

We kept going until we neared HQ. Everyone was very anxious to reach it, but I needed to make one quick stop first. 

"Hey guys," I called out to my squad. "Keep heading towards HQ. I have to make a quick stop first. If anyone asks where I am, tell them that I am okay."

They looked at each other questioning, but they knew better to not question their squad leader. They continued on as I headed into the forest. 

I needed to visit Isabella's grave. I just needed to pay my respects quickly, and maybe have a couple berries on the way. 

As I headed towards the area, (H/N) stopped. 

"Come on, pal" I said to it. "You can't be tired now. Just a little while longer until we reach our spot."