Intermission #1

Yeji sat in a corner booth of a small café as she waited for Miyeon to arrive. She had ordered a latte and a small piece of cake. The city was peaceful in the morning, the birds heard chirping as they flew by the buildings.

The bell that signalled a new customer chimed, causing Yeji to glance up and see Miyeon enter. She saw Yeji once she had entered and walked over, sitting down on the other side of the table. A waitress walked over and Miyeon ordered a coffee.

"I'm guessing Minnie is still asleep, it is early after all."

"She woke up when I was getting ready, fell back to sleep before I left."

The waitress placed the coffee in front of Miyeon, which she thanked for. "You know, I'm still waiting for you to tell me the story of how you two met."

"Of course you are." Miyeon took a sip of the coffee, her mind still trying to wake up.

"Well why not tell it to me now?"

"It's a pretty long story."

"I'm not going anywhere. Besides, we can roam the city while you talk if you like."

"Gee, where do I even begin?" Miyeon muttered to herself mainly. "How long has it been? Three years?"

"I'd say just about."

"Alright, well where should I begin. Ah!" Miyeon took another sip of her coffee. "Back before Minnie and I met, I was just a simple citizen who tried not to get involved with the wrong people."

"Yeah, I tried that too. I was so close to moving out and then I got involved with Soyeon."

"Amazing what life throws at you." Miyeon chuckled. "Okay, let's begin. It all started three years ago..."