The "Not To Worry About" Call

I left early the next morning, leaving Miyeon a note. The call I got the night before was from Shuhua, wanting me to see her this morning. No clue why.

"Alright Shuhua, what's up?" I asked as the door closed behind.

"My place seems empty, doesn't it?"

I glanced around the shop for a moment as I walked over to Shuhua, who stood behind the counter. "It does, what's missing?"

"Nothing that I can tell, it just doesn't feel right."

"Was this what you called me for?"

"Nope, I got a letter from someone." Shuhua pulled out a letter from behind the counter and handed it to me.

My phone started ringing and I pulled it out to see Miyeon's name. I showed it to Shuhua before answering.

"Yea-."

"Where in the hell are you?!" Miyeon asked through the phone making me pull the phone away as she rambled on.

"Miyeon-Miyeon, did you not read the note I left you?"

"I did, doesn't explain where you are."

"I'm with Shuhua, nothing to worry about." I stated.

"Yeah until you come home with a new wound." Miyeon muttered.

"I'll be fine Miyeon, I promise."

"Fine, just come home on good time or I'll lock you out of your room."

I chuckled. "Alright, fine."

"Bye Minnie, stay safe."

"I will, bye." I pulled the phone down and tapped on the red phone icon, ending the call. I set my phone down and opened the letter, reading it out loud. "Dear Yoon, someone apparently tapped your phone call with Miyeon when you were in my city. The only reason I know about Miyeon is because of that call. Be careful for the next week or so while I get this sorted out. Jihyo."

"That's bad."

"It is. I didn't want people finding out about her." I stated as I slammed my hands down on the counter. "I need to get back to the mansion."

"Go ahead, but be careful."

"I will Shuhua."

When I returned home, Miyeon was waiting for me at the door. Pissed off was one way to explain the look she gave me. I smiled nervously as I walked up to her.

"You aren't hurt, that's good." Miyeon stated.

"Um...yeah, yeah. I'm not hurt."

"But, you're not telling me something."

"Um, inside please?"

"Fine," Miyeon turned on her heel and walked inside, with me following. Once we were far enough inside, Miyeon turned towards me while crossing her arms. "Answer now."

I handed her the letter that Shuhua gave me. Miyeon opened the letter and scanned the words. "I have to protect you."