First Day

A loud sound rang in Taehyung's ears, causing them to groan. Rather than making the noise stop, they just pulled the blankets over their head, trying to ignore it. After a couple seconds, they moved their hand over mindlessly to finally stop the alarm.

Taehyung groaned again, turning in their bed to look at the time.

7:30

Taehyung didn't understand what made them think that having an 8:00 class was a good idea. Taehyung was the last person to want to get up early, but it was the first day of classes.

"Ugh. Why did I decide to do this?"

Taehyung finally moved their feet over the edge of their bed. They sat there for a second, trying to wake up more before trying to stand.

"I should get ready."

Taehyung finally stood up, realizing just how tired they still were. In preparation for the first day back at college, Taehyung decided that staying up until two in the morning was the perfect way to start off the fall semester. Even as a sophomore, Taehyung wasn't ready for the workload they were about to receive. They rubbed their eyes, looking back at the clock.

7:40

Luckily, Taehyung's first class wasn't that far away from their dorm building, but they already knew they had no time for a shower. Taehyung moved to their small dresser, picking out their outfit of choice. Taehyung glanced at their roommate still passed out in his bed.

"I think Jimin said his first class was at 10:30. Ugh, lucky." Taehyung quietly scoffed, not wanting to wake Jimin.

Taehyung opened almost every drawer, picking out a loose t-shirt and black skinny jeans. Even if they were in their sophomore year, Taehyung still liked dressing in their unique, stylish way. Even if two pieces of clothing didn't look like they matched, Taehyung would find a way to put them together. Taehyung grabbed the last item from the dresser and sighed.

"I hate this thing."

Taehyung stripped out of their pajama shirt, back facing Jimin. They slid on their binder, chest starting to feel slightly tight due to the article of clothing. It was a feeling that Taehyung had become used to. They became skillful in hiding their binders from Jimin and from the public. If the binder ever poked out of their clothes, Taehyung would say it was a black muscle shirt, and everyone seemed to believe it.

After getting the binder on and adjusted, Taehyung put on the rest of their outfit. They grabbed their backpack, which they set up with Jimin last night, and grabbed the dorm key as they headed to their first class.

The air was still warm from the summer. Even though Taehyung's favorite season was fall, they absolutely loved warm weather. They were almost to the classroom when they checked their phone.

7:55

"I'll be just on time. Perfect."

After walking a little faster, Taehyung entered their statistics class with time to spare. Even though they were a chemistry major, math was a close second favorite. However, most of Taehyung's friends wondered how they survived as a chemistry major. Taehyung had a reputation for being one of the clumsiest people alive. When imagining Taehyung in a lab, most people would imagine them dropping chemicals left and right, breaking a beaker at every turn, and possibly spilling a strong acid on their clothes.