Just Dance

After going to the college campus health center, Jimin was told that his ankle was most likely sprained but not broken. He thanked his lucky stars when the nurse said he would just have to take it easy for the week to let it heal. Luckily, he didn't have any major dance class performances coming up, so he would just have to make up for it later.

"Even though you don't need to use crutches, we do highly recommend them."

When Jimin originally told the nurse he didn't want crutches, the nurse looked at him puzzled. However, according to the doctor, Jimin wasn't required to use them if he didn't want to.

"I'm okay. I think I can manage."

"Are you sure? It may heal faster if you use them."

"I'll be fine. Thank you!"

Jimin bowed to the nurse who still didn't understand why the young dance major didn't want to use something that would heal his injuries faster. However, the nurse nodded as Jimin waved goodbye. Jimin had a slight limp, but it wasn't anything the boy couldn't handle. When he got to the lobby, he stopped abruptly.

"Ju—Jungkook?"

The younger boy had been sitting in the lobby the entire time, even though Jimin had told him he could leave after dropping him off. Jungkook had his elbows on his knees, his legs slightly shaking as he waited. After seeing Jimin, he quickly stood up but stayed in his spot. Jimin walked over slowly, trying to not show the small limp he had.

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to make sure everything was okay. And if you needed help getting back to your dorm, I ..."

Jungkook seemed to trail off. His eyes moved from Jimin to the ground, his cheeks dusted pink slightly. The motion caused Jimin to realize how young the boy really was. He smiled before responding.

"That's ... That's really sweet of you. Honestly. Umm ... I guess it couldn't hurt having someone walk me back to the dorm, especially since my ankle is sprained."

"At least it's not broken!"

Jungkook smiled, trying to bring any positivity to the situation. As a dancer himself, he knows that injuries are some of the worse things that can happen. But considering Jimin could barely walk about an hour ago, Jungkook was just glad that Jimin was able to walk for the most part. Jungkook could see Jimin limping slightly, but seeing that Jimin was trying to hide it, he decided against mentioning it.

Jimin smiled as he led the two of them out of the health center. Jimin continued to point in the direction of his dorm since Jungkook didn't know exactly where he was going. After getting about halfway there, Jimin remembered his plans with Yoongi to go see Taehyung.

"Hold up! I need to text someone quick."

"Everything okay?"

Jungkook looked slightly concerned, imagining that it must be important if Jimin was stopping everything to text them.

"Yeah. I just have to cancel plans I had tonight, since I can't walk to the place."

Jimin chuckled slightly, unlocking his phone and bringing up his past texts with Yoongi.

Got injured during dance class. Had to go to health center. Tell Tae I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

Jimin didn't feel good about lying to the older, but he knew that, if he told the truth, there would be more questioning that he just wasn't ready for at the moment. After the text successfully sent, Jimin put his phone back in his pocket before looking at Jungkook to keep walking.