The Visit

Jimin's classes couldn't pass fast enough. Usually he would stay back to work on a couple dance moves that he couldn't master during the class. However, he was in a hurry to meet up with Yoongi and get to the hospital. After running out of the building, he texted Yoongi's number, only having received it last night.

Hey! It's Jimin. Where are you?

Jimin kept running towards the dining hall, awaiting Yoongi's text.

I'm at the side entrance of the dining hall.

Jimin went to a fast walking pace, not wanting to waste a second. After another minute or two, Jimin spotted the older man leaning against the wall. After noticing Jimin, Yoongi stood up, awaiting Jimin's last couple steps.

"Are you still okay with walking? I know it's not that bad of a walk, but I just wanted to make sure."

Yoongi never looked Jimin in the eyes, the ground being his main focus. Jimin didn't push it, nodding his head a little more than he should have.

"Definitely. It's only about a fifteen to twenty minute walk."

Jimin smiled, causing Yoongi to smile slightly as well. Yoongi turned towards the direction of the hospital, walking somewhat briskly. Jimin assumed that he wanted to see Taehyung just as much as he did. After catching up to Yoongi, the walk was pretty much silent. After about ten minutes, the hospital was in sight. Even though Jimin was normally talkative, he let Yoongi have his silence, knowing that Yoongi was probably bracing himself for the hospital visit. Jimin had spaced out a bit until Yoongi hit his shoulder against Jimin's.

"Ugh sorry, did you say something? I spaced out."

Jimin put his hand on the back of his head, his smile showing that he was slightly embarrassed.

"I didn't say anything." There was a bit of silence before Yoongi continued, his pace slowing. "But I did have a question."

"Yeah? What's up?" Jimin looked towards him, slowing down his pace to match the other.

"You probably don't remember, but awhile ago, you corrected me when talking about Taehyung."

Jimin seemed slightly shocked, trying to remember a time that he corrected the older man. When no memories surfaced, he looked back to Yoongi confused. Yoongi smirked slightly, thinking about what to say next.

"You corrected the pronouns I was using when I talked about Taehyung. I said 'he,' and you immediately said 'they.' And then the whole thing at the hospital with Taehyung's parents calling ... them ... Nari, I think. I just thought you might know more than you lead on."

Jimin was now slowing his pace, looking at Yoongi yet not knowing how to respond. Yoongi noticed and stopped dead in his tracks. Jimin bumped into him slightly, not expecting the older man to stop in the middle of the sidewalk. Jimin completely forgot about visiting Taehyung, trying to find a reasonable explanation without outing his friend.

"I ... I don't know."

Jimin didn't know what else to say. The last thing he wanted to do was out Taehyung to someone they were interested in. Jimin believed that Taehyung had the right to tell people on their own terms.

Yoongi huffed slightly, looking as if he didn't expect a different answer. He turned away from Jimin, putting his hands in his pant pockets.

"Come on. Taehyung's waiting."