Dinner Time

Taehyung could feel themself coming out of slumber, their eyes closing tighter as they put their wrist over their eyes. They grunted slightly as they grabbed their phone off their desk. They had set their alarm for 7AM the previous night, and the phone showed 6:50.

Of course I wake up before the alarm.

They grunted again, flicking the phone alarm off. After laying in bed for a couple more minutes, they sat up and pulled the covers off. After moving to sit on the side of the bed, they noticed Jimin sitting up in bed. He seemed to be reading a book with his ear buds in.

"Morning, ChimChim." Taehyung's voice was hoarse from just waking up. Jimin turned quickly towards Taehyung, the new voice startling him slightly. After the initial shock, Jimin smiled and took out one ear bud.

"Morning, Tae. How'd you sleep?"

"Okay, I guess. It's Friday, so that's a plus." Tae rubbed their eyes again, getting out of the bed to pick out their outfit for the day.

"Yeah, I guess that is a plus." Jimin chuckled, seeing Taehyung pick one of their iconic outfits. "Any plans today other than class?"

At this point, Taehyung had picked their entire outfit. The last thing they grabbed was their binder. "Ummm ... I'm having dinner with someone new."

"Dinner?" Taehyung could see Jimin's eyebrows wiggling suggestively.

"Yes, Chim. Just dinner." Taehyung went to grab their room key, looking at the clock saying 7:05AM.

"I think it's a date." Jimin crossed his arms and had a smirk on his face.

"It is not!" Taehyung's cheeks were getting pink. Once they found their key, they were heading to the door. "I'll be back in a second." Taehyung had opened the door.

"Hey, Tae! Wait a sec." Jimin's voice was somewhat loud, Taehyung hoping that none of their neighbors woke up because of it.

Taehyung turned around, their hand still on the doorknob "Yeah?"

Jimin immediately became nervous, putting one of his hands behind his head as he looked away from Taehyung.

"You – You don't have to go out to change. I change in here, so ... you should be able to do the same."

Taehyung wasn't sure what to do. The only time they changed in this room was when they were running late for class the one day. Taehyung knew he was right, but the idea made them unsettled.

"Thanks, Jimin. But ... I have to put my binder on, and no offense, but I'd rather you not see my chest." Taehyung giggled slightly to try and break the tension.

"I can look away ... or ... something."

At this point, Taehyung closed the door, turning their body towards Jimin who was still a shy and nervous mess. They took a deep breath before speaking.

"What's up, Jimin? Why do you want me to change in here so much? The bathroom isn't that far away."

Taehyung looked at Jimin softly, waiting for him to speak up himself. After a couple seconds, Jimin sighed and looked towards Taehyung.

"I just feel bad."

"Why? I'm okay."

"Yeah, but it's not fair. You have every right to change in here, and I feel like me being here makes you uncomfortable to do so. And to me, that's just not right. You deserve to be able to do the same things I can."