The Maze

Taehyung's head began to hurt, knowing that they had passed out. They took a deep breath as they opened their eyes. They were lying on a black floor that was somewhat glossy. They couldn't see a clear reflection in the floor, but they could make out that it was themself.

What is happening? Where am I?

Confused, Taehyung tried to get up. After some muscle aches, they finally got up on their two feet. Now that their eyes were adjusted, they noticed they were in a space with white walls surrounding them, also somewhat glossy. Everywhere they looked had walls in awkward shapes, almost as if they were stuck in a maze.

"Hello! Is anyone here?"

They honestly weren't sure how they could have made it out of the room they were held in the past couple days. Taehyung wasn't sure if someone had moved them somewhere after they passed out.

"Hello?"

It was shouted again with no response. Even though they were still confused, they decided to walk around in the hopes that they'd run into somebody that knew what was going on.

"Well, well, well ... you seem lost."

The tone of the voice was sinister, causing a shiver to run up Taehyung's spine. They were afraid of looking back to see who said it, fearing the worst. Taehyung closed their eyes and took a deep breath before turning around. What they saw shocked them.

"I'm honestly not surprised to see you here. You were always weak and honestly never stood a chance."

Taehyung saw themself, leaning against the glossy white wall. Their copy looked unamused at the situation, awaiting Taehyung's response.

"Wait. You're me?" Taehyung was confused at seeing themself in this new place.

"Unfortunately, yeah. But I'm much stronger than you."

The copy started to approach Taehyung slowly, causing Taehyung to back up against the closest wall. The copy laughed slightly at seeing Taehyung so scared.

"Ugh you really are weak, huh. It makes me hate the fact that I look like you."

"What do you want with me?"

Taehyung looked the copy in the eyes and immediately looked towards the wall. The copy continued getting closer, the smile they were wearing becoming more menacing.

"Nothing, honestly. I just like seeing you squirm a bit."

The copy poked Taehyung's shoulder, causing Taehyung to flinch slightly.

"I am you, but you might recognize me more as your inner demons, I guess. You're here, because you have a choice to make."

"A choice?"

"Whether you live or die. But trust me, living won't be that easy."

Taehyung was absolutely terrified. They just went from one dire situation to the next. Taehyung still felt a little weak from waking up, now realizing that they must be stuck in their head. All of a sudden, they turned their head to the right, hearing the siren of an ambulance. The copy seemed to notice this, not happy that Taehyung was able to start hearing things occurring in real-time.

"Is ... Is that an ambulance?"

Just as Taehyung was trying to listen in, the copy ran up to Taehyung and put their hand on Taehyung's chest, directly over their heart. Taehyung felt an immense pain, almost as if they were dying right then and there. It was almost as if they could feel their heart stopping. They started gasping for air, holding onto their heart that they could no longer feel.