Chapter 13

The saddle was comfortable and easy to ride in. I knew I would have no trouble on the trail ride on Saturday. As we arrived at the gate of our long driveway, I nudged Whisper into a trot. Her trot was so rough that I immediately began posting to keep from bruising my tail bone.

Kissing to her, I pushed her into a canter. It was smooth thank god. We got to the barn and I swung off of Whispers back. My father rushed out of the house and stormed toward me with an unreadable expression on his face.  When he got over to me he wrapped me in a hug and kissed the top of my head.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again." He said.

"I'm sorry daddy." I whisper into he's shoulder.  

He nods and I put my stirrups up. My dad helps me pull of my saddle and I grab the saddle pad. We walked into the tack room and my jaw dropped. Silver saddle racks hung on the back wall along with a set of saddle pad racks. Off to the left, the wall was covered in bridal hooks and halter hooks. On the wall next to the door there was a series of feed bins and off to the right the wall was covered in 3 tall book shelves and a series of stackable drawers to hold polo wraps, ear nets, fly masks, plaiting bands, and grooming kits.

The book shelves were meant to hold riding boots, half chaps, fly spray, treats, and helmets. I walked to the first saddle rack and my dad slid the saddle on it. I then walked to a saddle pad rack and slid my saddle pad on it.

"This tack room is huge!" I said into the empty room.

"That's because this used to be a riding recovery center for kids with issues at home.  I wonder how much it would cost to start it up again. We have the other two houses that are each two stories. I think they were used to house the kids who came here.. We could fix it up. We could let them use our horses and get more school horses to use too. Whisper would make a great horse for littler kids and kids your age." My dad says.

"But.. This our home! And Whisper is my horse! I'm not sharing her! What if people treat her wrong?! I hate this idea! If you do this, I'm not letting anyone use Whisper. She's MY horse!" I shout.

I am aware that I sound like a spoiled brat but I will not let anyone ride my horse. Thinking about it makes me nauseous and sends me into a flashback.

Flashback

The smell of horses hit my nose and I smiled. Clarity was my best friend and today, we were going on a camping trip with the horses and my instructor said I could take Clarity.

I walked to her stall to find it empty. Confused, I walked to the tack room to find all her tack gone. I ran out to the ring and found Shaylynn kicking her with spurs and smacking her with a riding crop.

I  screamed for her to stop and she smiled evily before walking Clarity to the gate  I opened it and Clarity began to bolt. Before I could say a word, Shaylynn yanked back on her mouth as hard as she could. Clarity stopped and that's when I saw the bit in her mouth.

She was using the most severe bit I had ever seen. And that's when Clarity fell to her knees.

I shot out to where Whisper was and jumped onto her back. Then, I was gone.

Hey guys sorry for the long wait. Had a bit of writers block. :/ love you all and thanks for the support.

:)

~Kassie  <3