Chapter 36

Toby's POV

"What?" I whisper yell.

"Yeah. Apparently he got the auctioneer to give him her sales records and he showed up at my house!" Jess exclaimed.

"Wow. What a jack wagon." Jessie giggles at my word choice and I shake my head.

The bell rings for class to get out and Hailey and Ali come rushing up to us in the hall.

"Omg omg omg!!" Ali exclames.

"How come you didn't tell us?!" Haliey gushes as well.

"How come I didn't tell you what exactly..?" Jessie replies, confusion taking over her beautiful features.

"That you got more new horses, of course!" The two bubbly girls laugh.

"...what? What are you talking about?" Jess asks.

"Oh, you didn't know? You brother was telling a friend of his about it. Said that you were supposed to take a look at them when you got home since you picked Whisper, who turned out to be amazing despite her looks." Ali answered.

"Uhm.. Okay? This is the fist I'm hearing of this... But I trust you," she says, then turns to me. "I suppose I should go so I can take a look at the horses. You could come by later if you want?"

"Of course. Love you," I grin, kissing her forehead.

"Love you too. Okay, so, let's go look at them then." She grumbles as she walks away.

I watch her till she's out of sight and then head to my truck.

Jessie's POV

When I get home, there are three new horses out in the round ring, and one in the arena. The first one I notice right away is a brown and whight paint stallion, just from looking at him, he looked to be about 17hh. His brown and white tail swished away the flies and his white mane fluttered softly in the wind. The second one is a black gelding, who looks to be about 15.2hh. A small mare trots around the arena and she is similar to the paint stallion, except her mane is thicker and is brown and white. She stands about 14.2hh. The fourth and final horse is a tall black stallion that has a mane down to his knees. He is 18hh and has amazing personality.

"Do you like them?" My father asks, causing me to jump.

"Yeah. The two that really caught my eye were the stallions. Especially the black one. Do they have names yet?" I ask, curiosity nipping at my mind.

"Only the mare. Her name is Adagio. The others have yet to be named. That's where you come in." He gave me an intense look.

"Well, the paint stallion looks like a horse that the Native Americans used... What if we called him Cherokee Promise? Just Cherokee for short?"

"I like that. I have to go set up some cabins for the incoming kids, but let me know the other two horses names."

"Okay."

"You're a genius! How do you do it?" Hailey asks.

"I dunno." I reply.

"Hmmm.... I think that the other stallion should be named.... Gentleman Jazz. Jazz for short. And finally, the gelding. He will be.... Jasper." I conclude.

"Perfect." Halily and Ali say in unison.

"Thank you. Now if you don't mind, let's get some stalls ready for these guys and get them name plates. Then, we can see how they were trained and how well they listen." I turn on my heel and saunter into the barn, ready to get to work.