Bad News

Once everyone came out of the forest they all shifted back and started loading themselves back into the cars. Dylan sat Elaina in the back of the van and she instantly fell asleep. She clearly had a long day so Dylan wasn't going to question her. He gave the pack members the okay to bring her to the airport so she can rest at home comfortably. Elaina is going back to their territory. Waiting about another 10 minutes, Calvin pops out of the forest. Dylan steps out of the car and talks to Calvin, sitting on the hood of the car.

"So, what exactly went on there? You know you guys were gone for more than 3 hours right? We were worried so we had to come back. What happened?"

Dylan was right, it was well past midnight now and dawn was about to rise. Calvin shakes his head and rubs the back of his neck in soreness.

"You were right, she's fucken crazy man. I almost didn't recognize her in her wolf form. It was like she was a whole different person."

Dylan claps Calvin on his shoulder, "Well, in all honesty, you're probably the only one that got close enough to seeing her like that. No one else really had or got that close to her in that situation. Maybe something triggered her during the chase, but I don't think we'll see her like that again."

Calvin furrows his brows, "Then doesn't that mean she'll forever cower against her wolf if she doesn't fix that problem? I can't imagine Elaina fighting against herself the rest of her life. There has to be a way for her to control it."

Dylan purses his lips together, "But alpha, when it comes to things like that, don't you think it can also be an internal problem? She doesn't look like it, but Elaina keeps a lot to herself you know. Maybe we don't see it physically, but it can happen mentally and internally," as Dylan taps his temple with his finger.

Calvin thought hard about that. Maybe Elaina is hiding a lot and suppressing a lot. Who knows, he doesn't know for sure. They haven't gotten into that level of their relationship!

Dylan snaps Calvin out of his thought, "Alright alpha, need a ride home? We can brief over the events tomorrow morning after we get some rest. Some of us has been up more than half a day now and we're exhausted!"

Calvin agrees and they get in the car, heading back to Calvin's place since it was closer. They rest up for the late night.

•••

Calvin slept well past noon and was awaken by Reese. He came in and opened the curtains, letting the sunshine in.

"Wake up princess alpha! We know you had a late night, but we can't keep the other pack waiting all day for you to wake up. They're waiting for you ya'know."

Calvin winces at the bright light and groans in exhaustion.

"What time is it?"

"Almost 1 o'clock. The other pack already had lunch and now they're just lounging around waiting for you."

"How about Elaina? Is she fine?"

Reese didn't say anything for a hot second and proceeded to answer, "You didn't know? Their beta sent the alpha back to their territory to rest after the events. Everything's okay right?"

Calvin quickly pulls back his cover and jumps out of bed, "What did you say?! She went back?!"

Reese, startled, nods his head, "Yes alpha....".

Without a care, Calvin rushes down to the living room furious at Elaina for not letting him know. He jumps down the stairs and turns right to see Dylan, Casey, Nina, and Gerald sitting around chitchatting. They all turn to look at Calvin who spontaneously landed at the doorway. Calvin marches to Dylan.