Third Time's the Charm?

The day after the summer ball, there's always a summer festival that follows. A wide open community field is always blocked off for food vendors, entertainments, games and activities and later towards the evening a fun open dance floor and bar. Another highlight about the huge annual event. The crowd was massive and during the whole day Calvin was hoping to run into Elaina after last nights situation, but the chance never arrived. During the day he got the message that her and her pack already left back to Texas. Calvin secretly didn't want to meet her again anyway, especially finding out that she was his mate. It was unexpected and they didn't get off on the right foot so Calvin wasn't looking forward to it. He still despises Elaina.

••••

A few days later after the successful annual ball and festival, Calvin decided to confront the wolf in his pack that was attacked by Elaina. He wanted to know what really happened. Reese brought the wolf into their interrogation room in the pack house that's open for business. The wolf was placed in front of Calvin in the small dim room.

Calvin's voice echos, "So Anthony, tell me what happened the night of the ball. Why were you and someone from another pack fighting and who started the fight?"

Unlike the other night, the wolf kept quiet and looked frightened about the situation.

"Look, you're not in trouble. I just want to be aware of what happened so I can talk to the alpha and her pack. If they started a petty fight, I will not let it go. Now, speak," Calvin begins to lose his patience.

Anthony finally speaks up and he stutters, "Th-the man was with a few of his friends and h-he bumped into me then left without apologizing."

He licks his lips and looks aide to side nervously. "I-I was slightly intoxicated and followed the crew outside to the side of the venue where they had some company with a few ladies. I think the alcohol took part in my actions and I confronted the man."

Calvin leans back, seeing where the story was going. He crosses his arms across his chest and sighs.

"I.... overhead them talking about their alpha, the she-wolf," Anthony begins to growl, "and started insulting her in rage since the man wouldn't apologize."

Anthony now looks up and anger fills his face, "Everyone has heard the rumors about that pack anyway so I didn't think they would be bothered by the insults. They're true to begin with, but the man got offended and started provoking me. At that point...," he trails off, "I started pushing the man and it ended up as a fight."

He sits up in his seat, "Look alpha. I didn't mean to start the fight! We were all slightly intoxicated and we both provoked each other so it just ended up that way. Please take that into consideration," he then looks down feeling guilty about what he did.

Calvin is now furious, as he falsely accused Elaina and her pack for starting the fight, believing their reputation made them act like that. Now Calvin feels like a fool and don't want to admit to his wrong conclusion. Calvin abruptly stands up and leaves the room, which startled Anthony. Calvin walks past Reese and Ryder.

"Punish him for a month. Give him volunteer work so he can repent his stupid ass actions," Calvin growls in anger.

Calvin goes back to his main house and starts towards his room. At that moment Gerald mind-links Calvin.

Alpha, you have a call from someone named Dylan who wants to speak to you.

Calvin rolls his eyes. He doesn't know anyone name Dylan, who is it? Then he remembered when he was meeting Elaina and heard one of the escorts call someone by the name. He's not sure, but he'll take the call anyway.