Colorado Bound

After spending a few weeks planning things out and trying to find Willis' location, they finally receive some useful news. Dylan rushes in to Elaina's bedroom as she slumbers away.

"Elaina! Wake up, I finally got some intel on Willis' location."

She groans in her sudden wake sitting up tiredly as Dylan walks over pulling the curtains open. The sun beams into the room putting Elaina in an even worse mood. She squints and rubs her eyes in pain.

"Ugh, do we have to think about this so early in the morning? And close the fucken curtains!"

Dylan grins and slightly draws back the curtains then jumps on Elaina's bed, making her bounce up the bed. She grumbles in annoyance and throws herself back under the covers. Dylan pulls at her blanket trying to get her attention.

"Hurryyyyyyy, wake uppppppp!!!! We've been waiting weeks for even the littlest hint of Willis and once I do, you're all of a sudden not into it?"

Elaina kicks Dylan from underneath the covers to stay away. She turns facing him and curls up into a ball.

"Brief me as I keep my eyes close. I promise I'm listening, just stop being so loud!"

Dylan chuckles and lays at the foot of her bed, "Okay, so you know how we sent a mass alert to all packs about Willis and the whole ordeal. I got a whiff of news from some buddies who resides in the Midwestern pack. Apparently there's been some iffy business going on up there and they think it may be connected to Willis' case."

Elaina opens her eyes and looks at Dylan, "How would we know it's not just some basic criminal activities? The main reasons we're trying to catch that bastard is because first, he dipped his hands into kidnapping our kind and second, cause he saw me shifting and may now know more about us. We need to catch him in order to keep our kind safe so that's why I feel so damn responsible for all of this."

Dylan sits up and looks outside, "I thought it may not be him either, but my buddies heard there was a new face getting involved in some drug scenes so that's why I thought it could possibly be Willis."

"So what? What should we do? Scope it out and hope it's him?"

"I feel like we have to. Cause what if it is him and we missed the opportunity to catch him? How would you feel once we figure that out then?"

Elaina ponders on that fact and everything they know and released a big sigh. She rolls in bed and thought things out for a few minutes.

"Okay, how about this. I'll go to Colorado with Casey to scope things out and confirm a few things. Let's take 3 days max cause I don't want to prolong any visits that may bring suspicions to us."

Dylan gets on his phone and makes a quick call, "Hey, book 2 tickets to Colorado on the next flight out for 3 days. Alpha and Casey are taking a trip. Let me know when it's ready, thanks."

He ends the call and gets up from the bed, "Don't you think we should you know... tell Calvin about this plan?"

Elaina sighs and sits up looking at Dylan. She doesn't even know what to say at this point. Their whole situation and relationship seems so awkward now. She purses her lips and runs her fingers through her hair.

"About that... can you contact him and let him know what we came up with? Proof the plan with him and his pack to make sure we don't fail the mission again."

"Why don't you call him yourself? He'll probably be more understanding of the situation if you do, alpha."

Elaina crawls out of bed and walks towards the bathroom, "Can you just do it for me this once Dylan? I'm kind of tired. I gotta get ready to leave too so I don't think I'll have time to contact him."