Chapter 1: Unpleasant Event

3rd PoV:

Our man was sitting in the helicopter next to a few Nighthaven troopers. He had his mask off and was looking at his sword until Kali came out of the cockpit, with a briefcase, and Rinzler stands and salutes.

Kali: "Rinlzer, excellent work out there."

Rinzler: "Thank you, boss. Move with the wind, and you'll never be heard."

Rinzler sheaths his sword and stands. The helicopter takes off to Nighthaven HQ but a swarm of objects fly around the heli and circle it. The troopers look worried and before they knew it, the objects hit the tail of the heli and it spins on fire. Rinzler covers Kali and shrapnel hits his throat and he lets go. Fire came out of the heli and hits his face.

Rinzler starts coughing and covering his neck and the heli crashes. Kali survives with a few burns and Rinzler is on the ground with blood around him. Kali runs from the crash site and calls for reinforcements. A woman walks past Rinzler and takes the briefcase. She looks down at Rinzler, on the ground squirming and covering his throat, and smiles.

??: "To bad... So sad."

Rinzler falls unconscious due to blood loss. The woman hands another person the briefcase and the two leave the helicopter.

??: "Are you sure leaving him is a good idea?"

??: "What's the worst that can happen?"

-24 hour Timeskip-

Rinzler awoke and the room was bright, he winced. A Nighthaven medic and Gustave were nearby. Rinzler tried to call for the medic but he couldn't speak, he tried but no sound was coming out. He couldn't move because of the medicine that they gave him. Doc came and saw Rinzler conscious and rushes to him.

Gustave: "You're awake! You should be asleep! We gave you anesthesia a few hours ago before we started the surgeries."

Rinzler stared wide eyed. His face was covered in bandages except his eyes. He could move finally and he moves his arms violently up and down. Doc came and tried to restrain him.

Gustave: "Calm down! You're safe!"

Rinzler stops and points at his throat. Doc sighs and takes a step back and puts his clipboard on a desk.

Gustave: "I'm sorry, but you can not speak anymore. Your vocal cords were hit by the shrapnel and they weren't functional. Your face was maimed and we needed to give you extensive plastic surgery."

Rinzler quickly uses his sign language to ask Doc where Kali currently is.

Gustave: "She's speaking with Six, our director. Nighthaven is helping us with the White Mask situation. She was hit by a piece of shrapnel but she's recovered, nothing too serious."

Again mofos, I know their activities died down after Chimera, but it's either this or... Actually, I got something. (Omen).

Rinzler: 'Where am I? Why can't I move?'

Gustave: "You're in Hereford. Most importantly, you meed to rest. Your surgery ended about three hours ago. You'll need a few weeks to recover."

Rinzler growls and Doc leaves the room. The place was quiet and Rinzler took this chance to get more sleep.

A/n: So this is another book that is supposed to be after Mail Man. Not a sequel, more of another R6 universe. I'll be focusing more on the Mail Man, but updates for this will be there and with Mail Man. I know I can barely type for Mail Man, but I can promise that I'll do good for both.