Chapter 26: A New Beginning

3rd PoV:

The National Guard was pushing forward. The Militants were overwhelmed and lost both of their commanders. CAG snipers picked off the ones who were trying to flee. One by The numbers of the Militants and the Black Ghosts begin to diminish.

They were ready to give up. They were done. It was over. The Militants and the Black Ghosts dropped their weapons and raised their hands up. Shane was gone, he disappeared.

Rinzler laid by Knight's body. He was tired, fatigued. He tries to stay awake, but something happens to him. He shuts his eyes and he sees darkness, before seeing a man.

He awoke and he begins to bleed out from his wounds. Umbra and Headhunter ran to him. He was losing blood and goes unconscious again.

"Give me your canteen." Umbra ordered.

Headhunter hands him the water and Umbra pops it open, pouring cool water down Rinzler's head. It drips onto his face and it clears all of the rubble, dirt, blood, sweat away. Rinzler's eyes open and he's awake.

"Looks like you lost your snake eyes." Umbra comments.

"Let's get you up." Joseph says as the two help Rinzler up.

They help him get to the ambulance that showed up. They put him on the gurney and load him into the back of the truck. He'd lie there, next to his friend, next to Keres.

"You son of a bitch... You did it!" Keres groaned as he remarked.

The two did there fist pump, having the outside of their wrists touch, while the Ambulance rushes to the nearest hospital.

1 Week After the Attack

Rinzler and Keres were dressed and walking out of the the medical bay, back at Rainbow Headquarters.

"You two. Six wants us four in his office." Umbra says.

"Why?" Rinzler asked.

"Don't know."

With the help of Elena, Masaru, Emmanuelle and Grace, Marcus was able to remake Rinzler's voice modulator, the one forcefully given to him by Knight, the one that Marcus solely made. This one was more advanced, with the addition to more quality materials and bright minds. He still sounded the same, Rinzler. Synthetic, but still human voice.

The four of them entered Six's office and he stood there, smiling.

"I just want to thank you all. Thank you for your decision in stopping Knight and Shane from toppling the United States Government. On behalf of the United States and the President, he sent you four these." He grabs one of the boxes and opens it.

It revealed the Medal of Honor. It had valor engraved above, and on the back, engraved each of their Codenames.

"The President was unable to arrive here, unfortunately, but picture him putting the medal on to you. Take it."

The four of them gently grab their medals. Each were careful when they held it.

"The four of you, Headhunter, Umbra, Keres... Rinzler. You are all dismissed, for the final time. It was truly a pleasure working with you all."

"I thank you, Six. I just... I just can't believe we did it!" Nathan remarks.

"With the Militia taken care of, we can rebuild America. Rebuild the monuments, the White House. All of the destruction that Knight had caused." Joseph says.

The four of them walked out of Six's office and they all looked at each other.

"What's next for the two of you?" Nathan asked.