Chapter 15: Small Victory

3rd PoV:

Keres was in the R&D room with Mira and Thatcher. They were discussing a device that was made for him.

Elena: "Alright, try it on, active it."

Keres puts it on his back and pressed a button on the front and the whole base went dark.

Elena: "I call it, Eternal Darkness. Six requested it to be made specifically for you."

Nathan: "Thanks."

He sounded casual, not showing emotion. Keres walks out of the dorm and Mira and Thatcher looked at each other confused. Keres walked to his bunk and sat down with his hands on his head, sighing in the process.

Nathan: "Everything happened so fast."

He grabbed the picture of Keira, Caroline, Ethan, and himself. They were huddled together and smiling.

Nathan: "I wish we could go back. No, I have to kill her, I don't want to, but I have to."

Nøkk: "You do. She's our enemy."

Nathan: "I thought I locked my door."

Nøkk: "What's that?"

Nathan: "A picture, no value now. Everyone's gone. Keira's the only one. Rinzler would have been one."

Nøkk leaned on a wall and Keres sets the picture down on his nightstand. Before he fell, Keres grabbed Rinzler's kunai. He looked at it, admiring it. Looking at the Arashikage hexagram.

Nathan: "Water and Fire."

He sets it down on the nightstand and lays his head down.

Nathan: "Funny, Kali was right. We only met for an hour and we've became friends. Almost brother like. This special bond we had."

Nøkk: "I suggest you forget about him, I won't be shedding any tears. We barely knew him."

Nathan: "Yeah, you're right."

She walks out the door and Keres made sure to lock it. He sits on his bed, again.

3 Days Ago:

The team had came back from the base, Keira and Marcus were in cuffs and being apprehended by Thatcher and Maverick. Time goes by and they are now in separate cells. Six would walk in between the two. He looked at Marcus and had his file on his clipboard.

Six: "Marcus Fisher. You would be a really great help to our R&D department. That was our original plan, but it seems Knight beat us to it."

Marcus: "Keira is joining too, right?"

Six: "Of course, that was our original plan. She would be great in our CBRN unit, and making antidotes for the poison you both made. She'll be working with Specialists Smoke and Lesion."

Keira and Marcus looked at each other and back at Six.

Six: "Okay. Specialists Seamus, Mike."

Sledge and Thatcher unlock their cells and Six leads the two to the R&D Station and CBRN division.

Present - 3rd PoV:

Headhunter, Keres, Nøkk, and Umbra were at the debrief room. Six was explaining the situation that had occured a few hours before.

Six: "Knight launched an attack at the September Eleventh Memorial and Mount Rushmore."

Nathan: "They're maiming them. But why? Why not just go for the silos?"

Six: "I don't know. This all seems complex."

Nathan: "All right, what's the plan?"

Six: "Thatcher, Sledge, Blackbeard, Finka, and Ash have already been deployed at Mount Rushmore. You four are going to the Memorial."

Nathan: "All right, Six."

The four grabbed their equipment and head to the transport helicopter. They load in and Jäger takes off to New York.

They see the memorial in sight and Jäger keeps her steady, while the others rappel down. The fighting between the National Guard and the militia was still going on. The National Guard was suffering heavy losses. The militia had two rattlers and one twin rattler. The commander of the team was in the Twin Rattler and was raining heavy fire at the NG. Two militia lieutenants were in the rattlers and were on both sides of the twin, also raining heavy fire as a small unit of five press forward.

Nathan: "You three, take cars of the drones. I'll circumnavigate to support the National Guard. When I give the signal, detonate the C-4. It's only one team."

Joseph: "Got it. Let's go."

The three flank behind and Keres goes around the drones and approached the National Guardsmen. He takes cover behind the wall.

Nathan: "My team are dealing with the drones!"

Major: "Drones?! Those are fucking tanks!"

Keres peaks and saw that the squad was pushing forward. He goes back to cover as they opened fire and pushed forward.

Nathan: "Fuck!"

Some National Guardsmen dropped dead and a few more were injured. Keres and the Major were opening fire at the squad. Keres kills one and gets back behind cover.

Nathan: "Joseph, I need a sit rep!"

The comms revealed their locations and the drones turned and jerked away from the three. Umbra evades from side to side and jumps on one of the rattlers. He takes hold of the main cannon and flips to the top, placing the C-4 on the back and jumping off. Nøkk and Headhunter jumped off of the other drones and detonated the C-4. The drones get destroyed and they flanked the squad pushing through, eliminating them and giving the National Guard some breathing room. Keres reappears from the wall and walks down to the squad.

Nathan: "Nice work."

Joseph: "Yeah. A bit faster than usual."

Reinforcements arrived and they rappelled down. Two more rattlers and Raptor, along with two more squads started opening fire. They all raced to cover. Nøkk amd Joseph were shot and the medics were heading over to deal with the damage.

Nathan: "God damned it!"

Umbra returned fire and a bullet barley missed his head and he returns to cover. Keres was making hand motions and Shadow nodded his head.

Nathan: "Major, keep returning fire!"

Major: "All ready on it!"

Keres and Umbra circumnavigate and flank from both sides. Keres unsheathed his tanto blades and waa running toward the militia. The Rattlers open fire and he was maneuvering around the bullets, slashing at the militiamen. Umbra jumped from behind and proceeded to punch the top of a Rattler and made a hole. He jumps in and eradicates the user, taking hold of the controls and firing at the other Rattler. Keres was handling the men on the ground and Raptor fires at him. Keres twirled his blades and deflected the bullets. One goes straight for his forehead and he slashed diagonally, deflecting the round.

Raptor: "Huh."

Raptor twirls his twin Desert Eagles and fires again, with Keres twirling his blades, deflecting, and running towards him. Keres slides sweeps his legs and ninja jumps up. His blade was at Raptor's throat and just as he was about to kill him without hesitation, an attack helicopter came and fired at the Rattler Umbra was in, before moving the gun up and firing at Keres. He rolls out of the way and Raptor rappels up. The helicopter takes off and Umbra ejects out of the Rattler and it explodes.

Nathan: "We did it."

He was exhaling and Umbra was by him. Keres calls for extraction and the two medics were helping Nøkk and Headhunter towards the two. Jäger arrived and they load on, taking off back to HQ.

Nathan:"Good work."

They arrived back at base and Keres and Umbra help Nøkk and Headhunter towards the medical bay, before the two head to Six's office to relay what had happened at the memorial.

A/n: Hoo! Took longer than expected, but it's here. Next chapter will take a turn into a dark chapter, maybe. Depending of I can express it correctly.