Chapter 11: Battleground

3rd PoV:

Keres was going a decent speed, until he passed the jungle, and started going full speed when they reached the end of the jungle and were in an open land, in Columbia.

Nathan: "Guys in the back, hang on. It's going to get bumpy as hell!"

Joseph: "Noted!"

Nathan has been driving for a few hours and the operation that Knight was conducting is almost in full affect. Luckily, Keres made it to the battlefield before US forces had been deployed. He pulls up to an open land and the truck was getting shot at by Venezuelan forces.

Nathan: "Show time!"

Well... Queue Metalingus, such a catchy song

The battlefield was all theirs and they took good advantage of it. Keres drove around, trying to make it harder for the troopers to hit them, while Shadow was putting good use of the mounted turret.

Shadow: 'This fires explosives. who is funding Knigh?'

A trooper shot an RPG at the truck and Keres steered to the right and barely kept it from tipping over. Shadow shot the person and another came, picking up the RPG and shooting at the truck again. They all jumped out and the truck explodes. Rinzler and Keres were being a rock and Keres throws a smoke bomb to shift the troopers attention. Rinzler throws one and the two come out from the rock. Rinzler starts shooting at the troopers with his MP7s, barley missing a shot. He runs out and evades for cover, while Keres rushes at the troopers with his tanto blades, Rinzler comes out with his swords as well. They start impaling and slicing at the troopers.

Shadow came and gave the two some breathing room while they rushed at the troopers, taking out the ones they can't. He reloads his rifle and starts shooting again. Headhunter throws a grenade and starts firing at the troopers. A transport helicopter came and Gridlock, Finka, Kali, Lion, Blackbeard, and Buck hopped out, taking cover by Shadow and Headhunter.

Joseph: "What are you guys doing here?!"

Buck: "Six ordered for Reinforcements!"

Joseph: "We need more if we're going against two companies!"

Buck: "Well, we are force multipliers!"

Joseph: "We have to hold them off until US forces come, that's going to be a while!"

Rinzler and Keres were already meters away from the group. The two were making progress pushing the Venezuelan troops out of Columbia. They took cover and the rest of the squad came and started providing support. Gridlock went to shoot at the troopers but was shot in the head, by a sniper, and she fell to the ground. The squad was stuck so Rinzler and Keres tested their luck and peeked out, shooting at the troopers and Kali peeks and takes out the sniper, taking his head off. The squad advanced forward and took cover again. Rinzler threw smoke bombs at the troopers and rushed at them with his swords, using the element of surprise. Buck tossed a grenade and got a few troopers, while Blackbeard had his rifle shield on and killed a few more when he peeked.

US forces arrived. It was the 2nd Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne, and 1st Ranger Battalion, along with 5th Special Forces Group - Alpha Company. They went through the battlefield and saw the squad that was there. They assisted them and they started to swiftly push the Venezuelan troops very quickly. It was almost evening, they were fighting for hours, and Knight had his units deployed.

Rinzler was shot at and he ducked to cover. He had his infrared and saw the units. Rinzler taps Keres shoulder and Keres just nods, understanding what Rinzler was planning. Rinzler goes out of cover and targeted only the unit that Knight sent, while the others focused on the Venezuelan forces. Rinzler threw his knife at one trooper and started shooting at the others, taking cover anytime he could. He gets closer and is able to use his swords, slicing at the troopers. Eventually, Rinzler cut the last trooper in half and unknowingly came face to face with Caroline. He was met with a punch to the face and he stumbles back.

Caroline: "Didn't see me coming?"

Rinzler gets up and held his sword, getting ready to attack. Keres came next to him and has his blades ready.

Caroline: "Hello boys."

Nathan: "What's this about?"

Caroline: "Knight wanted me to help the unit to deal with you."

Rinzler rushed at Caroline and sliced diagonally but she moves to the side and had a knife, stabbing him in the midsection. He was down and clutched his stomach. Keres rushed at her, twirling his blades and trying to land a hit on Caroline. She used Rinzler's sword to parry Keres' attacks. She hits his nose with the hilt of the blade and sliced upwards diagonally, cutting his chest, and stabbed his stomach. Finka, Blackbeard and Buck came and started shooting at Caroline. Buck hits her thigh and he drags Keres while Blackbeard drags Rinzler and Finka provides cover fire. Caroline retreats and the medics from the 5th SFG started working on the two.

Buck was talking with the Captain, while the battle had died down for a small bit.

Captain: "Thanks for the help. Without you we would have been here longer. We'll take it from here."

Buck: "No problem. Always happy to help."

Rinzler and Keres were at the tent with the squad. They had bandages on their stomach and chest. It was night and they were just relaxing. Buck walks up and the team, except for the two, stood at attention.

Buck: "Let's go home. And a memo for you four, Six has us stationed across the world in different headquarters since our HQ was compromised."

Nathan: "Smart man."

Buck: "Conveniently, we're all stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina."

Nathan: "Ah, so we're hanging with CAG?"

Buck: "Yes. For Six months and then we're stationed at Germany, with the KSK."

The transport helicopter arrived after a few minutes, safely extracting the operators and taking them to the United States.