Chapter 17: Twist of Fate

Previously on Power Rang-... I mean, Dead Silence.

Nathan: "Thank god Marcus got the info from their HQ."

Joseph: "Can you speed it up?!?

Nathan: "And... Done!"

Shane: "Fire!"

3rd PoV:

The drones all fired at their position, but one blew up, almost simultaneously after Shane gave out the order. Another drone explodes and the squad took the time to fire back. The drones continued to fire and they kept the squad at bay.

Nathan: "Damn it!"

Another drone blew up and Shane was getting frustrated. He ordered the men to change positions. The drones moved and kept firing at the squad. It was ineffective because another drone blew up. Shane ordered the men to eject from the drones.

Shane: "Push forward! All sides!"

He called the order and the men were charging the base. Before they could get any closer, smoke appeared and engulfed the area. The men turned on their thermals and all they could see was a figure before falling with their heads decapitated. One by one, the men started to drop. The squad was hearing their screams and wondered what was going on.

Nathan: "What the hell?"

Joseph: "I don't know."

All right, partner, keep on rolling baby. Queue You're Gonna Pay.

The smoke was starting to clear up and the remaining men opened fire at the figure. The remaining smoke disappeared and revealed Rinzler, with an orange orb around him as he knelt on one knee and his sword was impaled on the ground. The orb shielded him from the projectiles.

Nathan: "Is that... Rin- I thought..."

Rinzler, overall, looked different. His suit was made of different material, hard and flexible. His gauntlets had spikes on the knuckles. His right boot had a kunai. His holsters and sheaths stood at the same place.

Shane: "What the-"

Shane was interrupted when Rinzler's shield disappeared and he fired at the remained men. Kobra shot Rinzler and hits his arm. He kept his grip on his sword.

Kobra unsheathed his two swords and rushed at Rinzler. Kobra goes for two stabs and Rinzler rolls behind him and goes to slash at has back but Kobra moves forward away. The two circle each other, twirling their swords, before Rinzler goes for a stab. Kobra hits the blade away with one sword and with the other he impales Rinzler in the abs. He impales his other sword in Rinzler's stomach. Rinzler takes a step back and takes them out, an orange wave went through his body and he unsheathed his katana.

Kobra: "What the..."

Rinzler swings overhead and Kobra traps the sword with his sai and stabbing Rinzler in the ribs with his other. Rinzler backhands Kobra and takes out the sai, tossing it to the ground. He hits Kobra in the jaw and the spikes made it more devastating. He then performs a takedown and had Kobra's arm around his leg and broke it.

Shane: "Huh."

Rinzler: "Lost your nerve?!"

Shane shot at Rinzler but he rolled out of the way and lunged at him, impaling his sword into his stomach. Rinzler grabbed hold of his shoulder and jumps, driving his knee into his jaw. Shane goes back a few feet and gets up. He takes out the sword from his stomach and throws it on the ground.

Rinzler rushed at Shane and ducked under his right cross and hits him in the sword wound and ribs, then brought his knee to Shane's chin, again.

Shane: "You're pretty good."

Rinzler: "Come on, come closer!"

Shane goes for a straight punch to the chest and another to the ribs, followed by a knee to the ribs. They connect and he then hammered Rinzler on the cheek. Rinzler reloads his biceps and Shane goes for a right cross but Rinzler ducked and maneuvered behind him, performing a german suplex. Rinzler ninja jumps up and curb stomps Shane as he tries to get up.

Rinzler: "Had enough?!"

Knight arrived in his personal gunship and shot at Rinzler. Raptor was also in a gunship and fired at Keres and the squad to keep them at bay. Caroline grabbed Kobra with Shane helping a little, limping in the process. They rappelled up in Raptor's aircraft and they took off, with Knight following close behind.

Rinzler's shield depleted and he was breathing heavily on one knee. He stands up. The winds were picking up, and he comments on them to distract from the pain.

Rinzler: "Winds... Howling."

Rinzler was succumbing to his wounds as his shield depletes and he falls to the ground, unconscious.

Rinzler awoke on a bed. He was in the Medical Bay and looked around. He tried to get up but it hurt and he lays back down.

Nathan: "Woah, take it easy. You've been out for almost twelve hours. Doc said you lost a lot of blood."

Rinzler: "Did you get the data?"

Nathan: "Yeah, but first, a couple of questions. Where have you been for the past two weeks?"

Rinzler: "Not important. We need to attack the bases."

Nathan: "That can wait a few minutes."

Rinzler: "God damn it. I'm sorry to do this..."

Nathan: "What are y-..."

Rinzler moves his right hand in a circular motion, bringing up his index finger and pinkie finger. It did something to Keres' mind.

Rinzler: "We need to attack the bases. Help me get to Six."

Nathan: "Yes... Sir..."

Nathan moves, with dizziness, to get the crutches and hands them to Rinzler. He takes one and uses it on his right side. The two leave the Medical Bay and towards Six's office.