Chapter 13: Compelled Renegade

3rd PoV:

After the attack, the group stationed at Fort Bragg were sent back to Rainbow Headquarters. They were explaining the situation to Six.

Six: "Knight captured Rinzler?"

Nathan: "Yes. And the longer he has him, the longer he has to influence him."

Kali: "There's no way. He wouldn't turn on us."

Nathan: "How do you know that? You fired his ass for Christ sake!"

Kali: "How do you know him more than me? He's worked for me for over a decade. You've only met him for a few weeks."

Six: "Enough. Let's assess the situation."

The two kept their cool and Keres returned to his posture.

Joseph: "What about that tracking device that you put on the heli? Did you try using that?"

Nathan: "I checked but came up empty. Knight must have something blocking the signal."

Umbra: "What if we bring in outside sources?"

Joseph: "You talking about what I think you're talking about?"

Umbra: "If I said what you were talking about what I was talking about, then yeah."

Six leaned forward from his desk, and was full of curiosity.

Six: "Who is this source?"

Joseph: "Jack... Reacher. Damn that sounded dramatic."

Six searched his secured computer for Jack Reacher's file and looked through it.

Six: "This person is a ghost. No driver's license, home address, federal benefits, tax returns or phone number and middle name."

Nathan: "Anything else?"

Six: "Reached the rank of Major in the United States Army and was part of their Military Police. Was part of campaigns in Panama and Grenada, also in Beirut. Purple heart, Silver Star. Many medals in his career."

Nathan: "Yeah, where did you find this person?"

Joseph: "You don't find him, he finds you."

Keres was thinking and remembered that they destroyed the Statue of Liberty.

Nathan: "I know what they're hitting next! Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial."

Joseph: "So we're not going to wait for Jack?"

Nathan: "I'm not waiting for someone to find us across the world."

Keres was thinking how they take back Rinzler, and he remembered how they took him in the first place.

Nathan: "When we take him back, we'll need to keep them occupied. Then I'll do my best to tranquilize him. God this is cliche."

Six: "Keres, Umbra, Headhunter, and  Thatcher You will be over in Washington D.C. Be on the lookout."

Nathan: "Nøkk's over in Dwyer Hill, and Mike's with the KSK in Germany."

Six: "I'll give them the objective. I'll let the security know what is going on."

Nathan: "Let's hope Reacher didn't pull a fast one."

Six: "I'll be looking at potential islands of where the base can be, then we strike."

The three left and Keres grabbed a tranquilizer and his swords. They darted to the heli and Jäger took off.

Umbra: "What if we can't stop him?"