Chapter 16: Encircled

3rd PoV:

A week had passed and Keres has been deployed non stop, setting back and sabotaging Knight's plans all around the United States. Something was holding Knight back from attacking the missile silos, and Rainbow wondered why.

Knight, Shane, Kobra, Raptor, and Caroline were in the war room. The wall had a grid map of the whole United States and all the major and minor structures, from cities to major landmarks, military installations, and silos. They were huddled around the round grid table that had green and red markers, a lot more green than red. It was their instillations across the United States, and one turned yellow.

Knight: "Fuck! They're attacking Eye of Providence."

Kobra: "How did they know where it was?"

Caroline: "The hard drive from Marcus, no doubt."

Knight: "Shane, command the Crimson Dragoons, I want you to flank them, have them mousetrapped."

Shane: "On it."

He walks casually out of the room. Knight sighed and looked at the map of the US.

Knight: "Caroline, Shi Company. Rattlers and Twin Rattlers. Kobra, go with her."

Kobra: "Yes, sir."

The two leave the room and grabbed their equipment in the armory. Shane and his squad were ready for take off and the others arrived. The the three helicopters leave to the base under attacked.

Keres, Umbra, Headhunter, Nøkk, Thatcher, and a few squads of Delta Force operators and 75th Rangers, were advancing through the woods, having an eye for Knight's base, Eye of Providence. The militia were caught off guard and they were making quick work of them. They were advancing through with little casualties, and the militia was forced to push back to the base. 

The militia was facing heavy losses and had reached the base and evacuated inside. The Army had set up a perimeter around the base. The five were with a squad from the Army.

Nathan: "These woods, good places for snipers."

Major: "Exactly. We have many around the base. We attack in a few minutes. Awaiting orders from the Colonel."

Nathan: "All right, we'll be on standby."

A few minutes passed before the orders were in and they were going to siege the base. The teams started advancing forward, and breaching the defenses of the base. Shane's unit arrived just before Delta and the others were able to enter the base. Shane started opening fire and Kobra and Caroline's unit arrived with the rattlers and twin rattlers.

The groups were mousetrapped and had nowhere to go, with Shane's forces outside and the militia stationed inside the base. They started cross firing and many soldiers started to fall, the snipers took out a few but the whole squad were found and killed by Shane's forces. Knight's plan was working and before they knew it, only handful of Special Forces remained. They still continued to push the base and had finally eliminated the remaining militiamen stationed at the base. Keres and the squad made it to the command center of the base.

Nathan: "Joseph, guard the door. Make sure we don't get rushed from behind."

Joseph: "Got it."

Headhunter stook a crowbar (Heh heh... Knight's nightmare...) And stuck it in between the handles, covering behind a wall next to the door. Nøkk was on the other side and Umbra was looking through desks for important files. Keres hacked into the security software and was now downloading data onto a hard drive.

Nathan: "Thank god Marcus got the info from their HQ."

The militia was pushing through and getting closer. Joseph and Nøkk started to open fire through the slim windows of the door. A bullet nearly grazed Keres, but he jerked aside.

Joseph: "Can you speed it up?!?

Keres: "This ain't a job you want to rush!"

The download was half way complete. Umbra tossed a grenade to Headhunter and he pulled the pin, cooking it and throwing it at the group of militia, lessening their numbers. The data was nearly finished and the militia were getting closer. Umbra was helping the two while Keres was waiting for the data. He takes out his pistol, and without looking, killed three of the men.

Nathan: "And... Done!"

He quickly took out the hard drive and smashed the monitor. He unholstered his two pistols and started pushing through the base, killing the militiamen in front of him, Headhunter, Nøkk, and Umbra were behind, running and shooting with Keres. They made it outside and were encircled by Shane and his forces. There were Rattlers around the front of the base, encircled it, but stopped half way. Every two Rattlers there were Twin Rattlers. Shane stood on one of the Twin Rattlers in the middle, looking down at the four.

Shane: "Fire!"

A/n: Bit of a short chapter than most, considering the days that went by. Ah. Don't let the days go by. Could have been easier on you.