Chapter 18: The Mask of Uroboros

A/N: Alright people, this might be a long chapter. Maybe. Possibly. Absolutely. This is to hopefully tie up loose ends in Rinzler's two week disappearance. There'll possibly be two chapters, you'll see why, maybe.

3rd PoV:

Rinzler drinks a substance and he left the crutch against a wall. The two walked into Six's office, the other four were in there too, talking about the data they gained from the Eye of Providence.

Six: "This seems to have held all of the locations of-... Oh, Rinzler, Keres, how nice of you to join us."

Rinzler: "What do we have?"

Six: "All the major bases and installations around the United States. Armories, weapon caches, their vehicles."

Joseph: "So, if we destroy the bases..."

Six: "...They won't have any resources for the attack."

Rinzler: "We destabilize them. Which one's first."

Six: "We'll dispatch teams. You five will take care of the weapon caches in Los Angeles. You leave by day, and conduct the raid at night."

Joseph: "Perfect. We'll leave now. Rinzler, you stay and recover."

Rinzler: "Don't need to. I'm fine."

Joseph: "Are you sure?"

Rinzler does a single motion nod. He circled his hand in front of Keres and the effect went away.

Nathan: "Oof... Wha- what happened?"

Rinzler: "We need to move."

Nathan: "I think I have a headache..."

The team leave the office and Keres follows with dizziness. They get their equipment and rushed to the heli. Jäger put the coordinates in and took off to Los Angeles. Keres shook his head and he gets his bearings.

Nathan: "Hey, Rinzler, tell us what happened."

Rinzler: "Hmm... Fuck"

Nathan: "What?"

Rinzler: "Nothing... It's a long story."

Joseph: "So tell it."

Rinzler: "Fine."

2 weeks Ago - 3 hours after the drop. Damn, sounds like some ODST writing over here...

Rinzler awoke, and it was snowing. Freezing. He felt cold, even after his ruthless and rigorous training. There was blood on the snow and he tries to get up but feels a sharp pain in his abdomen. A tree branch had entered from his back, just missing the spinal cord and out through the side of his stomach.

He groans in pain and tried to move. When he moved, Rinzler started bleeding again, this time more than before. He slowly starts to lose consciousness. As he fades, a woman was walking up to him.

Rinzler awoke again and the torso and forearms of his armor were off. His chest was bandaged, covering most of his scars, and he couldn't move. He grunted in pain at his failed attempt to sit up.

??: "Stay down. You're in no condition to move."

Rinzler: "That voice, I've heard it before."

Striga "Rinzler."

Rinzler: "Striga. What are you doing here?"

Striga: "Not right now. You need to rest and get your strength back. That branch punctured your kidney. You'll live, but I had to remove it."