Chapter 23: Operation Paradigm Shift; PT 1

3rd PoV:

A cargo plane, customized, fit with stealth capabilities and the signature red and black camouflage pattern, was on its way from Knight's Headquarters in Maine to Arkansas. 

"Hey, can I get a glass of water?" Marcus asked.

He was tied down to a seat, next to Kiera. A guard walked up, full black armor, and equipment. 

"Sure thing, would you also like a steak with asparagus to go with that? This isn't a restaurant. Sit down and shut the fuck up." He barked, before walking away. 

The squad were at the courtyard, and about to load into the Transport Helicopter, until Six stopped them. 

"Change of plans, you will man these aircrafts. One will fly, while the other mounts the turret. You'll have to break through the cargo bay. I'll send each squad to the missile silos, in case Knight targets one of them, or all." Six states.

"All right, Six." Nathan says, before hopping in the cockpit.

Rinzler got on the gun, the turret had two barrels, one on each side, and it was chambered in thirty millimeter. 

"Six mention why we're flying this?" Rinzler asked.

"Nope." 

"Do you know how to operate an aircraft?"

"Haha, nope." 

Keres starts taking off, with Umbra behind him. The two aircrafts soar across the Atlantic Ocean, to look for the Cargo Plane. 

A few hours had passed, before Umbra spotted a dark anomaly below. 

"I got an aerial vehicle on my two o'clock. Could be the cargo plane." Umbra says through the headset. 

"Confirm before you engage." Nathan responds. 

Umbra steers the aircraft, gliding towards the right, and sees multiple fighter jets escorting the potential cargo plane. They all had red and black camouflage patterns, and they weren't appearing on radar. One of the jets breaks, and is facing Umbra's aircraft. It then fires two missiles.

"Oh shit!" Joseph yelled.

Umbra performs an aileron roll, dodging both of the missiles, before Headhunter returns fire to the attacking jet.

"We've been engaged!" Umbra says. 

"All right, people. Here we go." Nathan responds.

Rinzler started opening fire on the jets, but they were moving too fast. Headhunter was also having trouble. A jet fires its Vulcan and Keres tries to perform a aileron roll, but ends up performing a barrel roll, and was under the jet, with Rinzler firing the mounted chain gun. He was able to shoot the thruster of the jet, when he rotated the gun towards it. Firing, and taking it down. 

Five jets remained, Umbra was trying to out maneuver one, but it got behind him and fired one of its missiles, with Umbra pulling the stick up, and performing a backflip, which put them behind the jet, allowing Headhunter to shoot the thruster and take it down.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Joseph cheers. 

Four jets remained, and each of the team had two on them. This made it difficult to outmatch, because the jets would sandwich them, or allow them a defensive split. Keres thought of something. He tries to follow one of the jets, this allowed hid wingman to come and sandwich Keres, the wingman fires his Vulcan, and Keres at the last second, does an aileron roll, trying to get the wingman to commit friendly fire. This failed, as the lead jet maneuvers opposite of Keres, before breaking, with both jets now behind him.