Chapter 8: Desperate Numbers

3rd PoV:

Rinzler and Keres were giving Six a debrief on the previous mission and Six was frustrated.

Nathan: "Knight intervened and took Keira. That's two out of two. Six, we need to make a move. There's a base in Vene-"

Six: "There's more we can find, two actually. Headhunter and Shadow. Their help would be dire to us."

Nathan: "No, Six, we need to mov-... Fine, who are these people?"

He puts two files on the desk. One doesn't have a name, just Shadow. Another only has Joseph and Headhunter.

Nathan: "Shadow and Headhunter, listed as mercenaries. Never heard of them, only Venator and Ripper. Any leads?"

Six: "Conveniently, they were both spotted in the United States. Shadow was last seen in Las Vegas, while Headhunter was seen in Los Angeles. I want you both to go for Headhunter first, because Shadow will be hard to get."

Nathan: "All right Six, we'll get them. But we need to make a move after, with or without them. Do we get help?"

Six: "Despite the failures, you two worked well with Specialist Nøkk, I'll also send in Frost."

-1 Hour Timeskip-

The four were walking to the heli and
Frost spoke up.

Tina: "Why are we going for Shadow, shouldn't we focus more on the White Masks?"

Nathan: "Knight's Militia pose a greater threat. They have high numbers and receive superior training than most Special Forces."

Tina: "All right. Shadow is probably expecting us, he's full of surprises."

Nathan: "You seem to know him."

Tina: "We've met before and we got close to each other as time went on."

Nathan: "This is good news. Stay in the heli, and we'll bring you out if we need to."

The squad load up in the helicopter and Jäger takes off to Las Vegas. The flight was relatively quiet. Jäger arrives in the city and lands in a inhabited spot.

Nathan: "Frost stay here."

Keres, Rinzler, and Nøkk were walking down the ally and Rinzler found a puddle of blood on the ground and a mutilated carcass. He examines the damage and it looked to be recently made. He gestures the two to come check out the discover.

Nathan: "Seems to be almost recent, maybe about an hour or two ago."

Nøkk: "It looks like a .45 went through his head."

Nathan: "It's a little smaller, a .455, maybe."

Rinzler found the bullet and grabbed it. He holds it up and it's a .455, he gives it to Nathan.

Nathan: "Definitely a Webley revolver. But where could it have been shot from?"

Rinzler looks around before he saw Shadow at the corner of his eye, on top of a building. Shadow looks down at Rinzler and he jumps down onto another building and runs from rooftop to rooftop.

Keres sees and the two leave Nøkk behind and try to catch up to Shadow, running on top the buildings.

Rinzler: "This guy is fast. Almost unnatural."

The two run at their top speeds and get near Shadow enough for Rinzler to lunge and tackle Shadow on the rooftop. Shadow hits Rinzler's face and he gets up and has his revolvers aimed at the two.