Chapter 3: The Deal

3rd PoV:

Rinzler looked at the man who came in and saved the woman.

Rinzler: 'Friend or not, vengeance is mine.'

He tightened the grip on his sword and the man faced him.

??: "Not today."

Queue Robot Rock mofos!

Rinzler growled and ran toward the man and he did the same. Their swords clashed and Rinzler broke the sword lock and maneuvered behind the man and grabbed one of his arms, surprisingly the man jumped over Rinzler's head and swung at him but he managed to block and when the man swung again he rolled underneath his blade and went for his legs, the man jumped over the blade and swung for his head and Rinzler blocked it with his bracer. Rinzler took the time to kick the man in the stomach sending him back, the man took out his other sword and linked it to the first one, the man spun it as he came toward him and swung with both sides, Rinzler blocked the majority of his swings but a few nicked his armor, Rinzler blocked another swing and quickly ducked underneath the man's next swing and kicked his sword out of his hand.

Rinzler went to swing and the man caught it with both hands and grabbed it away from him. The man swung at him but Rinzler grabbed his fist and got him into an arm lock then the man rolled out of it and tripped Rinzler, he quickly got up and swung at the man but he grabbed his hand and flung him over his shoulder, but before he could do anything else Rinzler kicked him in the head and quickly got up. The man seemed to have had enough of this and threw down a smoke bomb, by the time the smoke cleared the woman and the man along with his swords were gone, Rinzler walked over to his sword and picked it up, he sheathed it and focused on finding the man.

??: "I can't let her escape now."

The man saw the woman and finally caught up with her, she slowly turned around with a smile on her face.

??: "I knew you would show up sooner or later."

The man didn't respond and the woman slowly walked toward him.

??: "But I must say that it's good to see you again Nathan."

Nathan spoke up in a deep, annoyed voice.

Nathan: "The feeling is mutual...Carol."

The woman smirked and was now standing right in front of him.

Carol: "I knew you missed me, but I know you came here for something else."

Nathan: "I have some unanswered questions, and only you can answer them."

Carol: "Gladly, but why don't you take off that mask?"

She reached to take off his mask but the man grabbed her wrist.

Nathan: "No."

Carol smiled and Nathan let go of her wrist. Nathan couldn't continue since he knew Rinzler was standing behind him, he turned around and faced him. Rinzler had his knife and sword ready. He threw his knife at Keres but he simply moved his head to the side.

Nathan: "Stop. Let's talk. We both want the same person, how about a deal."

Rinzler had his sword ready and clutched it tightly.

Rinzler: 'I have no time for talk.'

Nathan: "We take her in for questions and we bring down the White Masks and the Militia."

Rinzler was in deep thought and looked at his sword. He sheathed it and looked at the two and just growled. Rinzler threw Keres the comms that the Nighthaven trooper had. He activates it and Kali picks up.

Kali: "Chase? Where is Rinzler?"

Nathan: "He's dead. Rinzler is with me. We need extraction."

Kali: "Who are you?"

Nathan: "Not important. Right now we have a valuable asset with us and need god damn extraction."

He deactivates the comms and Rinzler's visor was updated to where the heli was landing and how far it was. The others follow and after a few minutes, the heli came and the three went in. The flight was quiet and it stayed that way until they reached Nighthaven Headquarters. The troopers came and looked at Keres and Rinzler. Kali came out and looked at Rinzler with a mad expression.

Kali: "Why is she here?! She caused the incident!"

Rinzler: 'A deal.'

Kali: "A fucking deal?! Rinzler, you just compromised our location for a deal?!"

Rinzler had his arms moving up and down in a "calm down" motion.

Rinzler: 'She has information on the militia that caused the helicopter crash. And other additional information."

Rinzler brought the two to the interrogation room. Caroline was in the chair and the troopers cuffed her. Keres was outside with Rinzler talking with Kali.

Nathan: "I'm just a guy who wants answers."

Kali: "And so you interfered our operation."

Nathan: "Let's get the information from her."

Rinzler was in the room trying to get information from Caroline but she wasn't saying anything. He was getting frustrated and growled. Kali decided to keep Rinzler for another day to continue tomorrow. Kali allowed Rinzler to interrogate Caroline further while they were all asleep. He watches as Keres interrogates her.

Nathan: "I know you. You're not working for the White Masks. This is for your personal gain."

Carol: "Yes. Knight pays me money because I help him overthrow the American government. The White Masks, just something extra."

Keres put a chair up and sat down across from Caroline. He had his hands folded in front of him and Carol was sitting back.

Carol: "I know you're ninja friend is still in here.

Rinzler got out of the dark corner of the room and was behind Caroline. He slams his hands on the table and she doesn't flinch. The sound of a helicopter could be heard.

Nathan: "What is that?"

Caroline: "My queue."

The roof of the room is ripped off and the three can see the helicopter. A ladder came and Knight rappelled down with a few of his men. They escort her and Knight was facing Rinzler and Keres, Kali and the other Nighthaven troopers were looking through the windows.

Knight: "Nighthaven, don't get me started. You thought you could just steal the briefcase and we wouldn't come and get it? That no one knew? You are a new kind of dumb."

Rinzler growled and Knight was laughing hard. The others just stood there.

Knight: "I'll be seeing you all later."

Knight grabbed the ladder and the heli started to take flight. Rinzler and Keres followed the heli with their eyes until it faded. Rinzler looked at Kali and she was starring at him with anger.

Kali: "What did I tell you?! What were you fucking thinking?!"

I'm pretty sure she cusses, right? I mean she did in the trailer. I hope I'm doing it right.

Rinzler: 'Calm down.'

Kali: "Calm down?! Calm down! You just exposed our headquarters, and you heard him! He's been following us!"

Rinzler: 'Rainbow can help us. He did not mention them, he probably doesn't know of them.'

Keres was standing next to Rinzler and had his hand on his shoulder. He knew Rinzler was mad about Caroline escaping and he just nodded.

Kali: "This is the last time I trust you. After we're done with Rainbow, I want you to pack your bags because you're done."

Rinzler realized and just put his right fist over his heart and bowed.

Kali: "You're leaving to Rainbow right now. You, if you want to join him then go now. I'll be there tomorrow.

Rinzler and Keres both head to the heli and it takes off to Hereford. The two were tired from what happened tonight and they fell asleep.