Chapter 4: One, and Two

3rd PoV:

Rinzler was dreaming about what had happened. Keres was up and daydreaming.

Kali: 'This is the last time I trust you. After we're done with Rainbow, I want you to pack your bags because you're done.'

Rinzler was replaying what Kali had said yesterday. He was out of her company and back on the streets after the Militia is finished. He felt angry, more at Caroline than himself. He knew it was mostly his fault, but that didn't cross his mind.

Rinzler: 'Damn you Caroline!'

He awoke with anger and punched his seat repeatedly. He exhales harshly and became calm again.

Nathan: "You done?"

Rinzler stayed quiet and sat back down on a different seat. He just stares at his sword the remainder of the flight. A few hours passed and the pilot reached Rainbow HQ.

Kirk: "Rinzler, we're here. Maybe I'll see you again someday. I'll buy you a drink."

Rinzler just nodded and walked with Keres. Six and Eliza were outside of the base and see the two walk up.

Eliza: "Six, this isn't a good idea, especially Keres. We know nothing of them."

Six: "Don't worry."

Keres and Rinzler were a few feet away and Six extends his hand. The two just look at it and back at him. Six just retracted his hand.

Six: "Rinzler, Keres, welcome aboard. You'll be deployed in our night operations."

Eliza: "Six..."

Six: "Later today, you two will be in a training exercise. Eliza, show these two around, their dorms are on the far side."

Ash sighed and began to walk inside the base. The two follow her and she shows them the essentials, mess hall, training grounds, dorms.

Eliza: "Tour's over, here's your dorms."

Ash walks away and the two enter their dorms. It had all of the basics, nothing too flashy. Rinzler walks around his room and inspects it. He checks out the room and sits on his bed with his hands covering his face. His throat was hurting and he can't do anything.

Gustave: "I recommend exercises for the throat [...] with Specialist Hibana."

Intercom: "Will all operators report to the training grounds."

How 'bout no?

Every operator was outside and Six stood in front of them. Rinzler and Keres had just arrived.

Six: "I would like to welcome Rinzler and Keres. I will hold a simulation, a two on four. If you two would step up, that'd be great."

Rinzler and Keres walk up next to Six and look around, before looking back at the operators.

Six: "If Specialists Thatcher, Zofia, Ash, and Smoke please walk up."

The four come out and stand on the opposite side of Keres and Rinzler. The two take off their holsters and set them aside.

Six: "The floor is yours."

Ah, well... Queue Battle Without Honor or Humanity

Smoke and Ash rush at Rinzler and he runs towards them as well. He ducks under Smoke's right hook and hits Ash's stomach and jumps up and hits her face. He then turns and blocks Smoke's punch and hits his jaw and biceps. Smoke shakes it off and Ash came and grabbed Rinzler from behind. Before Smoke could hit him, he jumps and kicks Smoke and threw Ash over him at Smoke. The two clashed and get up.

James: "This guy, he's good."

Eliza: "But he can't fight us at the same time."

The too rushed and Rinzler ducks and hits Ash's stomach again but Smoke hits his face and starts to go for combos. Rinzler blocks a few but the others connect. Before Smoke can throw another punch, Rinzler knees his stomach then Rinzler grabs his head and drops down, with Smoke's face hitting Rinzler's knees. Rinzler ninja jumps to his feet and Ash came but he punches her right cheek and ribs. She tries to punch him but he ducks and hits her ribs and then her cheek again. Rinzler then picks her up throws her and drop-kicks her before she could hit the ground. The two were out and Rinzler bows.

During this, Keres was blocking each of Mike and Zofia's jabs and kicks. He punches Mike's right cheek and turns and elbows Zofia. He grabs her and locks in the Kata-Ha Jime and uses her as a shield against Mike. He puts more pressure and Zofia falls unconscious. Mike came rushing with a right hook but Keres ducks and hits his ribs and his left cheek. He then hits his stomach and ribs again. Keres then goes for the rear choke and locks the figure four and applies pressure. Mike goes unconscious.

Six came and the two stand next to him facing the operators. The medical team came and helped the other four up.

Six: "A great performance from our two new additions to the unit."

The operators were walking back inside the base and Keres looks at Rinzler and immediately knew what was going on.

Nathan: "Six. Do you know where... What's her name... Hibana is at?"

Six: "I'm sure she's walking inside the base, but her dorm is on the female division."

Nathan: "All right."

The two walk inside the base and to the women's dorms. They see Hibana walk to her dorm and they knock on the door.

Yumi: "Yes?"

Nathan: "Keres. My... Uh, friend needs some lessons. We heard you do exercises?"

Yumi: "Yes, but you'll have to wait until later. I have things to do."

Nathan: "No rush."

Keres and Rinzler walk back to their dorms, but someone was following them, staying inconspicuous and out of sight. Rinzler enters his dorm and sits down again, trying to relax his throat. Keres laid on his bed, sleeping through the morning.

Nathan: "Carol, you will answer my questions."

A/n: And done. And I want to thank Nokk_Main for lending me Keres. Ah, two deadly ninjas. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.