Chapter Two

"Alright, see ya later!" Natalie called, closing the front door to her house. She held Lucas's hand as she began to lead him down the driveway. "Hey, Nat?"

"Yeah?" The teen answered, while typing on her phone. She usually had to walk Lucas to school and then meet Toby down at the bus stop, to then catch the bus to school. It was a big plan especially when it was so damn early in the morning. Lucas didn't like waking up so early, but they couldn't say much about the plan, their parents had set out in front of them. 

"Toby is such a nice boy, Natalie. And yet, you still decide to date Chris." Mary Beth would always say. It did quite annoying for the girl. After all Toby was just a friend...right? 

It was quite selfish of her to think that, when Toby was the one who took care of her. He had his own baggage. His disorders and his uncanny appearance. He was hella pale, but Natalie had gotten used to it. Anyways, Natalie had taken her eyes of her phone and glanced down at her short brother. "If someone liked you, what would you do?" Lucas squeaked slightly. 

Natalie rose her dark brows in amusement and surprise. Lucas usually never said things like that. He would always pretend to puke in a bucket when a kissing scene came on TV.  No one could blame him though. The young Ouellette was just a kid who didn't understand love. Don't we all start out like that?

"Well, I..dunno, Lucas." Natalie admitted. "What makes you ask that, little bro?"

Lucas quietly stared at the ground before shrugging. "Just asking Nat..It's just that...you know that girl, Penelope?"

Natalie nodded in reply. "Yeh, you're always talking about her to Mum and Dad. Why? You like her or something?" The sister smirked, holding back the urge to laugh. "Everyone keeps thinking I like her at school. And...I think Penelope likes me." The child shyly admitted. 

"And? Does this make you worried or something?"

"Eh, I dunno." Lucas answered, abruptly. The brother knew he was lying to himself. He always teased Natalie for liking Rogers. He was a chill dude. Although, he could never understand why he twitched so much. But she never could earn the chance to tease him about Penelope Anderson. They had been friends for awhile now and already, every other kid assumed he like the girl. Similar to his sister, if he thought about it. 

When it reached to around 8:30, the time where Lucas's school would open, Natalie watched as her younger sibling ran off. Waving goodbye to her. She inhaled the chilly morning breeze. She felt her phone vibrate in pocket. There was a new text in her notifications. "Are you at the bus stop, yet?" It read. It was from Toby. 

"Oh crap, I gotta get going.." She whispered to herself. Then she ran down the streets.