Chapter Six

"Look, Brendan, Quit trying to scare me. It's not working and it'll never work, man." The teen sighed, attempting to push past the group of boys. "I've gotta get going.."

But Brendan only stopped her again, by stepping in her direction to her history class. Natalie quickly grew annoyed. "What?" She shot. "What do you want?"

The boy smiled. "You really have a mouth, don't you?" He asked.  He continued to inch closer to the girl in the stylish clothes. "You know the reason why this is happening, Ouellette." Brendan pointed out, his expression slowly growing into irritance. The girl only flinched at the reminder of why. "Goddamn it, Natalie.." She hissed to herself. "Why the hell do I do this to myself?"

"Oh, I'll tell you why you do to yourself, Natalie.." Brendan shot. Wait, did I just say that out loud? 

"Ah shit.." She muttered as the group of teens officially began surrounding her. "You know exactly why we're here.  You and your rebellious friend threw eggs at my house. And yet, you and Rogers think you can get away with it?" Brendan threatened. "Oh hell no. Pity Rogers didn't get his lesson taught to him, but we managed to catch one.." He smirked, sadistically. 

Natalie gulped. "But the only reason we did that, was because you did the same to Toby. You only get what you deserve, Brendan." 

Brendan rolled his eyes. He was the second person to do that to her, this morning. And it was already an eventful start to her first day back. "Look at you, you never even try to defend yourself without Tobias around to help you. And now you've pretty much made me the laughing stock in the school now. My parents are fucking furious at me because of that, thanks to you guys."

"So, what should we do to her, man?" One of his friends asked, gripping onto Natalie's arm with a force that made pain shoot through her body. Her heart began pounding against her chamber of skin and flesh. Inside, her mind was spinning with scenerios again, just like earlier that morning at the bus stop. She felt so defenseless without Toby. 

"Hmm, not sure." Brendan replied. He was, somewhat, the leader and commander of this gang of bullies. Natalie gasped when he felt him begin to stroke her long dark hair. 

"Girls always freak out when their hair is fucked up, don't they?" He asked. "Maybe your hair will pay the price.." That same sadistic smirk spread across his face. "Cause there is no damn way, you think you get away with that, Ouellette." One of the members of this gang, gave him a huge pair of scissors. Natalie's heart pounded so hard, that her chest hurt. Terror began gnawing at her throat and it felt like she couldn't breathe. 

"The ridiculous amount of shit you've done in the past, won't even compare to what I'm gonna do to you.." Brendan stated, snipping the scissors in an intentional way to scare their play victim. 

"No, please, Brendan! I'm sorry, Okay?" She cried, trying to break free from the boy's grip on her limb. "Please not the hair! I'm sorry, alright? We didn't mean to do that! Just..please...let me go.." Natalie pleaded, helplessly. But the smile on the bully's face only grew wider and more evil when he reached for her hair.  No one seemed to hear her cries of mercy. 

Sometimes she really wished that she never existed. At times like these, she really dispised her being. She was just...so easy to make mad. Easy to bully and hurt. The boys soon managed to drag her into an empty classroom and locked the door. It was then that no teachers or students could hear her. Not even Toby. 

When Brendan had finally finished his sick work, Natalie's cheeks were already wet with tears. School was a literal living hell. 

Half of her head had been cleanly cut off. Piles of her hair, now, just lay on the floor. She stared in horror at the ugly mess. She was...hideous. The world already seemed to crash around her and all sounds were drowned out by her cries. 

Brendan stared with sick pleasure. "How does it feel now, slut?" 

"Dude, I think we took it way too far...I mean look what we've done..." One of the boys protested after witnessing this whole fifteen-minute process of torture. 

"Don't you think this was a bit much?" 

"Pfft, so what, Tyler, let this brat embrace her pain. This is what she gets for making my parents blame me for the rotten eggs all over my damn house!" 

Tyler groaned. "Bro, you've just done this to a girl. A girl, man. What do you think the coach will think, if he finds out about this? We'll be out of school, for sure."

But before Brendan could get back at his traitor friend, a loud knock echoed through the empty classroom. Tearfully, Natalie glanced away from the mess and looked at the door.  "Y-Yo, what is g-going on in there?" A voice called. A familiar voice called. Everyone froze. But Natalie had already sprung to her feet and unlocked the door. Once they entered, Natalie threw her arms around them, gratefully.  They almost stumbled back, but kept their balance. 

"N-Natalie?" They squeaked. 

"Toby, they cut my hair off!" Natalie sobbed, her eyes bloodshot. Toby's confusion quickly disolved into anger, when he catched a glimpse of his friend's hair, all over the floor. 

"What the a-actual fuck did you do?" He asked, his voice alive with rage.