Chapter One

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS. CLOCKWORK AND TICCI TOBY RIGHTFULLY BELONG TO LUCIID AND KASTOWAY. THIS WHOLE THING IS MAINLY JUST FOR FUN, SO PLZ NO HATE. ANY TICCIWORK SHIPPERS, FEEL FREE TO ENJOY! ^V^ 

(Also since this is kinda a rewrite of Clockwork's story, I have made some new changes and headcannons to the original, just to hopefully, make it more original.)

"Natalie!" Mary Beth yelled, storming into her daughter's room.  The scent of honeycomb greeted her nostrils as she stepped in. Her room always smelt, somewhat, like honey. The sweet scent lingered wherever Natalie stood. And that was how the mother knew when the young Ouellette was home, when she got back from school. "Natalie! Oh my god, wake up! You're gonna be running late, now hurry up!" Mary cried, ripping off the sheets off her teenage daughter. 

The young brown-haired teen stirred awake, groaning. "No, mom, just..give me five more minutes, I'll get up.." Natalie mumbled, drool escaping her mouth as she snored like a lion. "Oh my god, see? Then you fall right back to sleep!" Mary Beth complained, pinching the bridge of her nose, trying to muster up all her patience. "Natalie, wake up!" She yelled. 

The teen grumbled, finally lifting herself off the mattress of her bed. "Fine, I'm up.." 

"Get ready, you're gonna be late! It's your first day back to school!"

"Oh poo, yeah, I forgot about that." Natalie slurred, webs of sleepiness tangled with her mind. Mary Beth wasn't amused with her behaviour, though. "Natalie, this is the last time I'm telling you. Jesus, you're seventeen years old this year and you still need me waking you up for damn school.." The mother ranted, while opening the blinds over the windows, flooding the room with morning light. 

"Well, I never told you to wake me up.." The girl mumbled. 

"What was that?" Mary asked, turning away from the window. 

Natalie Ouellette sighed, trying to mask her annoyance. "Nothing...I'll get ready.." 

Soon after, Natalie came out of the bathroom that was opposite her room. Her dark brown, almost black, hair dangles lazily past her shoulders. She heaved a quiet sigh as she stepped into her honey-scented room. It wasn't anything special. Just a plain room you'd expect from a seventeen year old girl. "Natalie, are you ready yet?" A voice called. 

The little boy jumped into her room, his small tufts of dark hair stuck out to anyone. Lucas Ouellette yawned cutely, the child bounding onto her messy bedspread. "You ready, Nat? Mum's getting mad, you know? I'm having a duffy show at school today."  The teen chucked on a blue jean jacket and her black and red cap. "Alright...I'm ready, let's get going.." She said, scooping up her bag. But before the siblings could leave, the housewife rushed in. 

"Natalie, Toby's on the phone. And...do something about your hair. You're not leaving this house, looking like that!" 

Natalie and Lucas watched the mother stumble out into the hallway, her hair was disheveled and messy, as if she had just rolled out of bed. "Jeez, mama's stressed." Lucas remarked. "Also why is your boyfriend always ringing you?" 

Natalie felt the heat rise in her face. It always went like that. 

Tobias Rogers wasn't her boyfriend. That childlike, ticky teenager was nowhere near being that. For years now, him and her had been childhood friends. And they're usually at a higher level than most friends could get to. Sure, Toby was pretty cute, but like always, Natalie would always say no. Even if she was secretly, lying to herself.