21

Harry, alongside Ron, Hermione and Lorelai, stood in the empty Common Room with the vial of Felix Felicis in his hands

Harry, alongside Ron, Hermione and Lorelai, stood in the empty Common Room with the vial of Felix Felicis in his hands. Slowly removing the cork, he drank it all. No longer than thirty seconds later a cheesy grin appears on his face.

"Well?" Lorelai asks.

"How do you feel?" Hermione asks.

"Excellent, really excellent."

"Remember, Slughorn usually eats early, takes a walk and then returns to his office." Hermione says.

"Right. I'm going down to Hagrid's." He says patting Ron in the back.

"What?"

"No, Harry you've got to go speak to Slughorn!" Lorelai insists.

"We have a plan." Hermione continues.

"I know, but ... I got a really good feeling about Hagrid's. I feel like it- it's the place to be tonight. Know what I mean?"

"No." Hermione, Lorelai and Ron answer at the same time.

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing. Or Felix does."

"Should I go with him to make sure he doesn't screw this up?" Lorelai asks the pair next to her.

"I think it's best if you do." Ron answers.

"Right."

"Hi!" Harry shouts to two boys who enter the Common Room as he makes his way out, Lorelai following quickly behind him.

They walk in silence for a few seconds before Lorelai speaks out. "It's nearly nightfall, we should just stick with the plan, Harry."

"Oh come along now." Harry answers ignoring his friends previous statement.

The duo had successfully left the castle and were making their way past Greenhouse three when they saw someone in the distance. "Bloody hell, Harry. It's Slughorn." She whispers.

It turns out that Felix really did know what he was doing, nobody would have ever expected Slughorn to break away from his routine tonight. Harry was really in luck. Slughorn looked like he was cutting a few leaves off of the Venomous Tentacula. He looked suspicious, as if he didn't want to be caught by Profesor Sprout, or anyone. Harry slowly creeps up on the man and he lets out a loud gasp when he notices Harry's presence. "Merlin's beard, Harry."

"Sorry, professor. I should have announced myself, clear my throat, coughed. You probably feared I was professor Sprout." Harry answered.

"Eh. What makes you think that?"

"Oh you know, sir. Sneaking around, jumping when you saw me. Are those Tentacula leaves, sir? They are very valuable aren't they?"

"Galleons a leaf to the right buyer, purely academic of course." Slughorn answers.