31

Two months have passed since the quartet infiltrated the ministry

Two months have passed since the quartet infiltrated the ministry. Two months have passed since Ron was splinched, he was now fully healed. Two months since they came to the realization that spells simply couldn't destroy the locket. It was now the beginning of December and they weren't any closer to figuring out how to destroy the locket. This journey of theirs was starting to seem like a waste of time to them. It's as if they were in a tunnel, a really long tunnel, waiting for the light at the end of it but it never came. There was no light.

Ron layed in bed, once again shooting daggers at Harry who was having his hair cut by Hermione. Lorelai was sitting on a cushion in front of the fire trying to warm up since she had a very low tolerance to cold weather. They sat in utter silence, the only sounds heard were the crackling of the fire, the sound of rain hitting the tent and the snipping of scissors.

Suddenly Hermiome stops mid snip and makes a face of realization. "Oh my God!" she exclaims.

"What?" Harry asks and when he gets no answer he touches the back of his head thinking that Hermione had messed up his hair.

"I'll tell you in a minute." She says as she quickly walks to the table and opens a book.

"Maybe you could tell me now." Harry says following her to the table. Curious as to what Hermione had discovered, Lorelai wraps a blanket around her shoulders and makes her way to the table as well.

"The sword of Gryffindor— is Goblin-made."

"Brilliant." Harry said, clearly not understanding.

"No, you don't understand." She says catching on to his lack of perception. "Dirt and rust have no effect on the blade. It only takes in that which makes it stronger."

"Okay." Harry answers still not understanding.

"Harry, you already destroyed one Horcrux, right? Tom Riddle's diary in the Chamber of Secrets."

"With a Basilisk fang. If you tell me you've got one of those in that bloody beaded bag of yours..."

"Don't you see? In the Chamber of Secrets you stabbed the Basilisk with the sword of Gryffindor."

"It's blade is impregnated with Basilisk venom." Lorelai cuts in finally understanding what Hermione was talking about.

"Yes!"

"It only takes in that which makes it stronger!" Harry says finally understanding.

"Exactly, which is why-" Hermione starts before getting interrupted by Harry.

"It can destroy Horcruxes."

"And that must be why Dumbledore left it to you in his will."

"You are brilliant, Hermione, truly." Harry praises.

"Actually, I'm highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and percieve clearly that which others overlook." Hermione babbles.

"Oh my God, Mione just accept the compliment!" Lorelai complains. "Guys, this is big, this is great. Discovering this was crucial, but there's only one problem."