22 - ice cream and dark skies

The drive could only be described as uncomfortably quiet as Harry silently sat in the drivers seat, eyes straight ahead, not saying a word.

Eventually, we pulled up outside Harry's flat and he stopped the engine instantly before sliding out the low car.

Seconds passed as I sat in the cold, empty confinement before reality kicked back in and I remembered I was actually in the current situation.

There was a particular feeling vibrating through the dead air between the two of us as we climbed the stairs in silence. It was very unsettling, besides the fact it was actually an expected thing that we stay this silent when we are around each other in regular situations.

Once into the apartment, I stand by the door but it's not long before Harry nods towards the sofa, saying a silent 'sit'. I comply and take a seat. And that all has happened in the last 5 minutes. I feel like a complete idiot for getting so upset about the whole situation with my mum but it really hits home when she speaks to me like that, and I know Harry can see that.

After what feels like minutes, he returns with a box of tissues and a blanket before walking over to the large fridge-freezer. I watch him pull out a while tub of ice cream and despite my depressed mood, I feel my stomach flip in excitement just thinking about demolishing it.

Harry retrieves two large spoons from a draw before closing it with his hip and making his way back over to me. Awkwardly, he places himself beside me with one folded leg up on the sofa so he can face me. Penetrating eyes search for mine, my heart races.

"Are you okay?" his husky, hushed voice asks me as he stares with worried eyes.

Before I speak, I try to calm myself down but fail miserably as I begin to cry once again.

"Shh it's okay, come here" he pulls me gently into his chest, delicately rubbing the curve of my back with his large hands.

"This is so embarrassing, I'm so sorry" I rush. I know I sound like an idiot but I really am embarrassed; I put on such a hard front at school, trying so hard to not let him bother me and now after spending one day with him, he's seen my vulnerable side, and I'm not sure I like it.

"Shh it's fine"

We sit like that for a few more minutes before I finally decide to stop being an idiot and get a grip. "I'm sorry, I'm done now" I laugh a little but all I want to do it cry for the rest of the night. I like Harry, but we both know the truth, and that's that we have to go into school on Monday like this whole weekend didn't happen, therefore I need to keep the well-built guard up that helps with inevitable loss.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asks, still holding me close.

"Honestly? No, I just can't stop thinking about that ice cream" I admit and he giggles to himself, a sound that I like to hear, before he pulls me with him, leaning our backs to the sofa and sitting close to each other. Despite what's coming, nothing could pull me away from this situation right now, I'm loving spending time with him.

[] [] []

I woke to the sound of Harry's phone ringing on the table, snapping me out of light sleep. On the left of me, a peaceful curly-haired boy lays un-comfortably with his head resting on the back on the sofa behind him. My tired eyes force themselves to open wide in search of the noisy object disturbing our peace. The light seems to be coming from Harry's phone and I jolt up in a hurry to shut it off. When I reach the object, confusion takes over as I see the name 'Lana' on the screen.

I don't hesitate to hit the red button and turn the phone on sleep mode before spinning on my feet back towards Harry, who now sits with his torso raised, rubbing his tired eyes.

"Tired?" I ask and he nods in silence. Neither of us saying anything else for a few seconds before he finally stands, I wait for him to yawn into a large balled fist, then he looks at me with swollen green eyes.

"Wanna go bed?" He grumbles a hardly audible sound but I hear and nod instantly. "Come on" he leads the way.

Since his flat has no floors, his bedrooms only through the door towards the front door. He makes sure to lock the front door before carrying on his quest into the bedroom. His clothes are ripped from his torso, he throws them to the floor then climbs into the black, cosy-looking confines of his bed.

I've quickly come to learn that Harry is not a morning person and doesn't like being woke up. I've also learnt that when you do wake him up, he stays half-asleep for minutes before falling back into a deep sleep once again.

The idea that I'm just standing watching him sleep while I have no clue what's going on, is amusing to me. He's clearly not used to female company or worrying about anyone but himself. So, I make myself at home, stripping to my underwear and picking up a black, what looks to be, dirty t-shirt from the floor. I pull it over my sleepy head and walk to the opposite side of the bed to Harry, climbing in sheepishly and letting my eyes fall shut and into a deep sleep.

The only way to tell what time it was, was by the dark blue still smothering the skies.