A Burlesque Dream (Part Two)

Pearl was quite sad that she wasn't home when Violet had left to cheer her up, but she knew she'd manage to stay calm and kick ass. She always did. She was one kickass bitch, even though she wasn't aware of it herself. To make up for her absence she had sent her some flowers she picked up at the local store.

She was extremely tired after a day of producing, but she knew how importat this was to Violet. After all, she hadn't left her room in weeks. When Pearl arrived at the club, Adore, Katya, Trixie and Fame were waiting for her. The other girls couldn't make it but they had made sure to send some cheering messages through the groupchat. 

- Hey bitch! - she heard Katya scream.

- Hey. - Pearl said. - So, where's out débutante?

Adore pointed at a tiny brochure on the wall, where a slender figure in a tight black corset and a ton of make-up stared straight at the camera.

- ...Is that her? - Adore nodded, but Pearl still had a hard time believing it. The person on the brochure was feminine, sexy and confident. Adjectives that she wouldn't have thought of associating to the usual shy, closed-up, plain Violet. And yet the brochure said "VIOLET CHACHKI: the new femme sensation in town".

We entered the room and grabbed some drinks and I sat down by Trixie and Fame's side. The room soon went dark.

The moment when Violet stepped onto the stage the room went silent. Her presence was heard. The music started playing but Pearl couldn't even hear it. With Violet's first move she was mesmerized. She was elegant, sleek and extremely sensual. As she whipped the air with her leather whip Pearl skipped a breath.  She couldn't look away from her tiny waist and log legs, her pale skin and dark hair floating behind her. Her eyes enjoyed the sight on her cherry ips more than they would've enjoyed a painting in the Louvre.

Her eyes were locked, glued onto her sleek, slender figure as she moved through the stage. She found herself looking for a flaw in the performance, waiting for Violet to trip or  stumble, to take a bit too long moving her hand in an aerial pirouette. Nothing. The performance was completely flawless.

When Violet disappeared backstage and Pearl let out a sigh, realizing that she had been holding her breath. She soon separated from the group without saying a word and slowly walked home. She had never looked at quiet, shy Violet that way. She definitely would never look at her the same way. She woud never look at the white shirt again without imagining the corseted waist and hearing the sound of the whip.