Fate

I sat down by Adore and Pearl's side. The room soon went dark and you could hear the last people exchanging whispers and finding their seat. A man in a glittery tuxedo jumped onto the stage.

- Tonight, we are very honoured to present you the one, the only, Jinkx Monsoon!

Everybody started clapping, apparently that girl was pretty well-know.

- That's my friend. - Adore whispered, very clearly proud of being associated with her

This redhead appeared onstage in a long, black dress, dripping with jewels. She started singing a song that Violet didn't recognize, but she was instantly mesmerized by the woman's sweet, deep voice. The song was filled with jazz and Broadway influences. It wasn't what Adore would have called "punk-rock", but Violet was enjoyning it tremendously. She wanted to close her eyes to enjoy the music, but Jinkx's presence was equally mesmerizing. She was elegant, she was chic, she was vintage, she even had an obscure sexiness to her figure, but it may have just been the atmosphere.

When Jinkx ended her performance there was a moment of silence and then everyone started clapping, but Violet was unable to move, her eyes still fixated on the queen. Jinkx then started a little monologue, which was very funny, but Violet didn't watch a word. When the redhead disappeared from the stage, she let out a sigh.

However, the next performance didn't disappoint. Another lady, this time called Max, walked onto the stage, She had grey hair, a beauty mark and was wearing a white corset that Violet found delightful. The performance was a blur of feathers, glitter and comedy, and even some interaction with the audience - sadly not with Violet. Max was a very skilled performer and she was great at embodying characters. Again, there was this mysterious aura to her that completely captivated Violet.

Once the show was over they all stood up and Violet wanted to cry. She just wanted to watch that on loop. She walked home with Pearl and when they arrived, she went to her room while dinner was being made. She stared at the ceiling while replaying the scene over and over.

During dinner Pearl was rightfully concerned.

- Are you alright? You seem... lost. - she grinned. Violet looked up at her with a glance of decision that Pearl had never seen from the coy girl.

- I want to do that. I want to be on that stage.