Rubber Doll

Violet Chachki didn't mourn. She didn't cry, she didn't lock herself up in her room.To the contrary, she held her head up high, perhaps too high. She had always had that conceited side to her that she used to high, scared to be considered "not proper enough" or "not nice enough". But that apparently didn't work, so why bother?

She caught Pearl by surprise when a few days ater, after dinner, she told her she was going partying with Adore, Katya and Trixie. At that point everyone knew about the Violet/Miss Fame situation, but Violet had been behaving in a quite unusual way, snapping back at everything and everyone, so nobody talked about it.

Violet had gotten some apology messages from Fame.

"Hey. I'm sorry I was too harsh."

"Are we still cool?"

"You ok?"

She left her on read.

She had focused on her show. She found some kind of liberation in the power rush she got onstage. She was desirable, she was the fantasy, she was unattainable. She wanted to be the object of the crowd's wildest dream, she wanted to be a rubber doll.

Her performance style had also shifted. Violt had left her job at the café and had said it was a "sacrifice, necessary to advance her artistic career". She had always been into dark cabaret and aerial gym, but it now had a way more sexual feeling to it. The whip was incorporated on every performance and she often sat onto the audience's laps, going so far as to kiss some of them. But the biggest change was that her corsets got tighter. Way tighter. She had always had trouble building up her self-esteem, and now she was finally feeling herself, just for all the wrong reasons. She had found herself. She was no longer Dita Von Teese or Bettie Paege, she was Violet Chachki.

Pearl had thought she would enjoy this new version of Violet. She barely came around anymore as she spent her days at the cabaret or at the bar, but when she did she was the exact same Violet than onstage. She had started walking around fully naked when at home, as she didn't find nudity sexual and it made her feel comfortable. Her closet was now full of lingerie, and even though she never brought anyone home that made Pearl wonder what she did when she went out at night. She masked jealousy with concern and texted her multiple times a night, always being on read, and that originated some arguments. The white shirts had been replaced with skin-tight dresses and leather harnesses. She was exactly as hard and exactly as sensual, and as much as Pearl enjoyed looking at her she fund it bittersweet. The whole Fame situation had affected her as much as it had affected Violet, but instead of avoiding it she showered Violet with endless attention, which the brunette didn't even realize as she was too in her own head. She was back into her shell, just into a totally different, latex-covered shell.