Chameleon

Summer had come to an end and it was Violet's first day of college. Things had changed a lot from the last time we had seen her, and yet some things remained the same.

Violet had morphed again, and had roved herself a chameleon. She was now another version of Violet Chachki, way more natural, open and inviting. She did keep the fierce, sensual persona onstage, but she was slowly learning to separateher from the real Violet. She had accepted Pearl as emotional support, and their relationship had slowly grown to become a bond that was stronger than friendship. Things with Fame were good again, they were working on their friendship and tearing down barriers. The rest of the girls were all still friends, some more than others, and were now going back to work and studies. Some things would never change though; Violet still felt most comfortable when naked and had Bettie Paege posters over her bed, and it would be dishonest to deny that she still owned one of her white shirts.

She was extremely freaked out about college. Volet didn't pride herself in being a social being, and she knew she was different, but who wasn't? She woke up and something in her gut told her to wear the white shirt. However, she soon realized that it would make her go back to hiding, to her high school era. And that she couldn't stand. She looked in the mirror and grabbed her bright red lipstick bar, applying it with no shame. Now that looked better.

Pearl had already left for work, but she found some toasts dripping in butter and a little note on the table.

"You go, Chachki!"

She smiled to herself. That had definitely been an intense summer break, and people back where she was from would never had imagined it. She had a show on Saturday, as she was decided not to quit her other job. Looking around the apartment, she felt strangely proud of the way she could consider it a home. A weird home indeed, where you could find a whip on the kitchen table and loud music played early in the morning. 

When she stood in front of the univerity building she realized that she had been grasping onto her bag incredibly tight. She had had way too many new begginings these past months, and she would stand up high this time. Fashion school had been calling her her whole life, and now she finally was there, ready to accomplish her dreams.

She walked into the building and looked at her schedule, heading into class. There was a lot of people, and she started to feel anxious. She sat down towards the end of the room, wishing for once to stay unremarkable.

- Violet? - she heard a familiar voice and turned around.

- ...Fame?