Latex

Violet took up her aerial gym lessons, and discovered that she still had quite the skill. Pearl tried to get her auditions in the places where she had worked at herself. She had contacted Adore, who had arranged meetings with Jinkx and Max so Violet could meet her idols. 

Violet was extremely focused. She spent her days in her room, researching everything she could about the art of performance. Pearl even started to get worried,  knocking on the door only to check if she was still alive. 

And yet even with the hours of thorough research, she didn't manage to pass any of the scheduled auditions. She tried her best, sometimes she felt like she had failed and sometimes she thought she had done amazing. She pulled all of her tricks, excelled in aerial gym, even tried some lipsyncing, and once even magic. And yet she got rejected. Every. Single. Time. And when she arrived home she shrugged with a smile, and she looked perfectly fine, but Pearl already knew her well enough to know that she was lying. She went back to her white shirts and spent hours in the shower. 

The comments were alwasy the same "You're pretty, but you're not what we're looking for." She didn't wanted to be pretty, she despised that word. She wanted to be breathtaking, magical, mysterious, she wanted to create in others the feeling that she had when looking at Jinkx and Max.

One day, for the first time in weeks, Pearl forced her to go on  a walk. Violet was becoming grumpy again, and barely talked to anyone. She had to get outside. She walked slowly, looking down at her feet the whole time. Soon enough, she realized that she was in a part of town that she had never visited before. When looking for the name of the street, a tiny store caught her eye. It was a sex shop, but the only thing that she found interesting was a black latex bodysuit. It seemed to call her, to force her to live her pin-up latex dreams. She went into the store, tried it on and got it before she could even question herself. She hid it in the closet for some weeks, too embarrassed to take it out. But for the next scheduled audition someone told her to wear it.

"Girl, you're totally what we're looking for."