Surprise!

- Shut up, girls, she's gonna be here any minute! - Pearl said, giving Trixie and Katya a dirty look. Those two covered their mouths, still laughing about one of Katya's stupid jokes. She turned off the lights and hid behind the couch.

When Violet inserted the key into the lock of the front door, she was shocked that she wasn't hearing Pearl's loud music. Two days had passed since the show and the first one she had spent sleeping and she now came back from her first shift at the café after that experience. The hype had dried down, but she elt a kind of energy inside that she didn't have before, a kind of fire, a need to get back on a stage, to crack a whip. She had come out of her shell, even though you couldn't really sense it if you didn't know her directly. 

- Surprise! - she heard right when she stepped into the room and turned on the lights. A huge banner that said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" was pinned onto the wall, except the "BIRTHDAY" had been crossed out and replaced with a "FIRST BURLESQUE SHOW" with a black sharpie. By the couch was a table filled with drinks and food. Everyone was there: Pearl, Fame, Adore, Alaska, Katya, Trixie, Jinkx, Max, even this crazy girl who worked shifts with her at the café called Laganja.

- I'm sorry we are late. - Pearl said - You just refused to leave the house these days!

- What the hell? I literally just stripped down onstage. It's not that big of a deal. - she lied.

- Modesty doesn't suit you. - Fame smirked.

- Girl it's a huge deal, we would know it. - Jinkx said, and Max smiled behind her. - And we don't even do the stripping part.

- It was actually Pearl's idea. - Katya said, and Pearl looked down - The bitch read my mind! I swear I had thought of it before.

Trixie let out one of her loud laughs. 

- You know I don't even like parties... - Violet smirked. This time everyone knew it was a lie.