Ch. 3

The warmth of the sun radiated through the window. I opened my eyes and allowed myself to feel the warmth of the sun touch on my skin. Oh how I missed this feeling.

Clothes were laid out on the couch near the bed. During the hours that i spoke to Celeste, she briefed up on the tremendous changes that happened through the world along with its style and vibe over the past two centuries. Therefore my knowledge grew a bit on clothing. Women didn't have to wear big corsets or big dresses, in extreme heat nor freezing winters. I was extremely happy about that.

I grabbed onto the under garments that were left for me probably sometime while i was sleeping. Then I picked up the jeans that lay over the couch and quickly slid them on. They were black with a rip on each knee. Funny. I then picked up the small black tank top and a pink cardigan which fit loosely but in a cute way. I then slipped on the slip on shoes that were left on the floor, black as well.

I made my way to the mirror that hung above a small table. I picked up a brush and carefully brushed any tangles i had in my hair. and then using my hands to braid my hair to the side.

I was admiring the new senses in style this generation had. It was way better than those awful dresses and gowns. One could barely fit anywhere. The thought of those times almost made me giggle.

The door soon slowly opened revealing Jane-Anne who gestured for me to follow her out of the room. I did so, following her into the main room of the house we were in.

"It's 11 in the morning which means we have around 7 hours to prepare for whats to come." Jane-Anne said, the nervousness clear in her voice.

"She can do it. You heard the ancestors, the second he tries her, her body will react on its own, finishing this mess once and for all. The Mikaelson family soon will all know that they don't mess with the witches of the French Quarter." Celeste spoke as she sipped her tea.

"Are you sure?" Jane-Anne asked once more. Still, uneasiness in her voice, clear as day.

"Positive" She replied, smirk plastered across her face.

I almost felt like an object. The way the spoke of me, my body, and powers. The fact that they were confident in me doing things surely off of instinct sounded almost absurd. But of course, who am i, a newbie, to question witches who have had years to practice what they are. As for me, i'm just the 25 year old girl who barely woke up yesterday from some magical sleep.

"Until then, be a dear and take Vanessa to Rousso's, I'm sure our friend is eager to have a proper meal in her body." Celeste said, with that smirk, still on her face.

"Aren't you afraid we might run into Klaus and his family?" Jane asked.

"Well if you do, don't be afraid to introduce Vanessa as your old friend. We need the element of surprise on our side, so its best to keep Mother Nature out of your mouth when introducing her." Celeste explained.

I wasn't sure how to explain it to myself, but its almost as if overnight, Celeste changed. Jane Anne as well. It's like Celeste was cocky and confident in the Mikaelson family going down. Yet on the other hand, Jane Anne almost seemed scared, the shakiness in her voice and scared look in her eyes was extremely obvious.

We then headed out, for once, i didn't feel watched by multiple witches, which i appreciated solely for my protection i guess but still, a little freedom never killed anyone, right? This time, it was just me and Jane Anne.

In front of us was an object on wheels. I stopped in my tracks, admiring such beauty. I wasn't sure what it was but it was shiny, and big.

"Its called a car. We transfer from place to place in this, look hop in. Enjoy the ride." She smiled at me as she gestured me towards the "car"