Ch. 8

After a very interesting dinner, everyone picked up their plates and walked into the kitchen where they placed them in the sink.

Vanessa walked behind all three Mikaelson's. Elijah and Rebekah quickly left the kitchen, giggling on their way out.

"Why are they laughing" Vanessa curiously laughed.

"They laugh, because they left us with all the mess to clean." Klaus rolled his eyes and laughed

Vanessa laughed along and began rinsing off the dishes.

"Here, I can do that love." Klaus said as he interfered his hand in front of Vanessa's

"Don't be silly. Here I'll wash and you can dry." She smiled at the man. He stared at her while she washed the dishes, admiring her. He wasn't quite sure what was getting onto him but something about the girl intrigued him, he couldn't seem to take his eyes off of her.

"Everything is so much easier now" She huffed as she passed on another plate to Klaus.

"How old did you say you were?" He asked her

"Well, supposedly, before I was put down, I had just turned 25. And that was around 200 years ago, now i'm not sure how many years exactly but i'm going to go ahead and say that I am now 225. Taking a wild guess" She laughed as she paused, calculating everything in her head before connecting eyes with Klaus.

"Wow, you really have missed a lot. Well, come on, you must have questions, ask away."

"Hmm, i don't know, nothing really comes into mind at the moment. Let's see...Oh! Those cell phones you guys have now, what's that all about?" She exclaimed as she passed him a cup to dry.

"Oh yes, those pesky little phones. They're basically a way to talk to someone. Look." He explained as he pulled out his own cell phone. He handed it to her after she dried her hands where she then examined everything about it.

"It's all dark..." Vanessa pouted at him.

"Here." He then turned it on for her. Her face lit up thanks to the screen of the phone.

"Woah"

"Yeah, look and here are all of the messages i send, like i said, it's just a way to communicate with someone, you either text them or call them where you can actually hear their voice." He swiped throughout his phone explaining mostly everything it did.

"Wow, to be honest, I think that might be more complicated than the spells those witches were trying to teach me." She laughed as she continued with the phone.

"You know, my mother was a very powerful witch, we still have her grimoires, they all contain different kinds of spells and i'm sure they can help you out" He offered

"Really?" She widely smiled at him. He sent her a sweet nod before taking the last cup and drying it off and placing it back where it belonged.

"Okay, I already forgot, where was my room at again?" She giggled as they made their way to the center of the home.

He laughed and ushered her to follow him up the stairs. "It's this one"

"Okay thank you! Really thank you" She smiled

"More like thank you love." He said to her. Both of them stood silently staring into each others' gaze for what felt like forever to them. They stood right outside Vanessa's door, just enjoying their moment together.

"Okay, well goodnight." She smiled at him before opening her door and begin walking inwards.

"Good night Vanessa"