Ch. 4

I knew i had to pretend to know nothing of what i truly did know. I guess this is where my acting came in.

"I'm just here showing my old friend some of New Orleans best sights okay? I mean no harm or any of that." She stated with her hands out in surrender style.

"Pardon me, love. We haven't had the pleasure of meeting. Klaus Mikaelson." He said focusing his eyes on me.

I almost felt intimidated by his gaze. It was strong. Nothing like i had ever seen before.

"Your name, love?" He asked after he waved his hand in front of me, breaking me of my statue state.

"Sorry, Vanessa. Vanessa Parker." I said with a smile on my face.

He grabbed my hand and placed a small kiss on it.

Suddenly, my mind flashed once more. this time, i saw not only Klaus, but myself in front of him. We were out in the street with all the other witches opposite of us. Two of them holding Klaus down. I couldn't hear much but I could see Klaus screaming in pain as I knelt beside him and soothed his arm.

I broke out of my little episode quickly and retrieved my hand from the hybrid himself.

"So, Miss Vanessa, how long are you staying in New Orleans, if you don't mind me asking?" Klaus said as he studied my every move.

"She plans to stay here for a few days, not much." Jane spoke, cutting me off as i was about to speak.

"Now now Jane-Anne. I'm almost certain, our friend Miss Vanessa here, has a mouth of her own, don't you, love?" Klaus said, shutting Jane up.

I wasn't sure of what to do. I didn't want to be rude and agree with what everyone stated as a monster but yet again i didn't wanna seem suspicious to anyone.

"Right." I stated softly.

"Well then, i'll leave you two to chit chat and eat up. Rousso's does have one hell of a cook huh?" He smirked at Jane before turning on his heel and begin to walk towards the doorway.

"Oh and Miss Vanessa? Do be sure to stay a tad longer, you'd love to see all this city has to offer." He smiled at me before really turning and actually leaving.

I slightly smiled, making sure Jane wouldn't see. I know everyone says he's a monster and this evil creature, but how does that explain the vision i had? I know that the vision i got from Celeste was from the past. I'm not entirely from when Sophie's vision was, but i could only assume the vision from Klaus is from the future? But if according to the ancestors, i'm supposed to take him down tonight, i wonder if there's any chance they could be wrong.

"Good, i don't think he suspects anything. He really wont know what hit him tonight" She smirked at herself before sipping from her drink.

After a few hours of us walking around the French Quarter, I grew very fondly of the city they call New Orleans. Everyone on the streets were so cheery and happy. All the little antique shops were, even though at the time, everything in there, to me wasn't antique.

Jane- Anne pulled something out of her pocket and began using it.

"It's 4 pm, we should head back to the house to go through what'll happen tonight."

"What is that?" I asked, pointing at the object in her hand. Curiosity winning the best of me.

"I'm sorry, i don;t mean to be nosy, just all this stuff is new." I laughed slightly

She smiled at me before saying, " It's okay, you've missed a lot, i don;t mind telling you of all of the new things that are in this century now. This is what we call a phone. A few years after you were put to sleep, someone created something like this, just not as advanced. It lets us call people and look at any other things. It's a form of communication and really just a way to entertain ourselves." She explained as she handed me the object.

"Phone..." I whispered as I examined it. It looked like just a little box with some type of weird screen on it.

"Right," She laughed. "Come on lets go back so we can prepare for later okay?" She said as she grabbed onto me and led me back to her car.

Although I was told I was destined to kill and put down Klaus Mikaelson, I almost didn't want to. He was very charming and interesting when I met him. I wished i didn't have to do what my body is supposed to take charge for. Yet again, if i'm supposedly destined to do it, then so be it right? I just hated the fact of killing. Violence isn't in my bones, never has been. I guess I was just a little confused as to how i was supposed to do this violent thing when I know it's just not in my bones.

When we arrived back to the house, Celeste and a few other witches were waiting in the front.

"Are you ready?" She asked me. I simply nodded. Every second that went by, i began to unlike the plan that was devised.

"Good, lets go inside so we can discuss the plan." She said as she led the way inside the house.

"To begin, do you remember the privacy spell I thought you last night?" She asked me as we sat down on the couch.

She handed me a burning sage and nodded to me. I began chanting the spell she had taught me the day before.

"I dont doubt some vampire is listening in on us, this way we can talk freely without the worry of someone listening in." She said as I continued to chant away.

I then felt the area we were in become closed. I knew then that was how we were able to talk freely.

"Okay, now lets talk. Klaus believes that the witches are simply meeting him down on the streets to surrender and give into his deal which was for us to leave the town of New Orleans. His deal was leave or die. We have told him we have made our decision. When we get there, we will fool him into thinking that we are leaving this city for good. And when he least expects it, Agnes and another witch will hold him down. Now, him and Marcel, his fellow comrade, are tied together like a knot, and as vampires rule this town, Marcel has a secret weapon that can let him know when someone in the quarter is using magic. And ever since Marcel began ruling this town, he forbid anyone use magic, if one did, death was our consequence." She explained

I continued nodding throughout her explanation.

"However, today will be the day that doesn't matter. Because along Klaus, Marcel will die. And thus, witches will take back this town and rid of all vampires and other supernatural creatures." She continued.

"If this Marcel guy has a secret way of knowing when one of the witches uses magic, how come i can and its okay?" I questioned

"Because, you channel your power through the earth. The power and magic you have, doesn't come from ancestors or anything like how we do. Your magic is pure. You are pure" She explained.

"If i'm so pure, then why is it okay for me to kill Klaus?" I asked

"Because he is not natural on this earth. You are to rid of unnatural beings on this earth, starting with the big bad wolf." She answered as she held my hands.

"Now, when Agnes and the other witch hold him down, you will come out, and get closer to him. Its okay if you don't know what to do, like i said, your body will do it for you. You just have to get close enough for it to spark in you and soon you'll know exactly what to do. And soon, all will be over and we can finally have back our town." She breathed out.

I simply nodded, digesting the information. This didn't seem right. None of it. But there wasn't much I could do. Frankly I didn't know what to do.

And for the next hour or so, Celeste went over a few spells with me. Teaching me more and more about what I can do. All before some big war i didn't even understand quite well.

In a few, I was going to have to face the man everyone is afraid of.