Ch. 14

Klaus walked Vanessa over to her door, to which he opened for her and let her in. He rushed over to his side closing the door and just sitting.

"I should have killed her." Vanessa broke the silence through sniffles.

"Yes love, I would've loved to rip her head off her body, but if there is any chance for us to get Davina back, we probably need her alive to do it." He explained.

She nodded at him. She wasn't sure what was eating more at her, the anger, or the sadness.

Her question would soon be answered as the tears began rolling down her cheeks once again.

"Hey, look at me" Klaus said as he faced Vanessa.

She then placed her hands over her face and let the tears run down.

"Klaus, I promised her. I promised she would come out of this alive. I never break promises but I just did." She cried out as she faced him.

His heart ached at her pain. He had never seen her cry.

"You can still keep your promise." He said as he grabbed her hand, and wiped her tears off with the other.

"How?" She pouted. Her cheeks were now tinted a light pink from the crying as well as her eyes.

"We will find a way to bring her back, if that means killing every witch in town then so be it. But we will get her back." He assured her as he stared at her. She wasn't looking at him, instead she stared at their hands together. The pain and sadness she felt was immense but the small gesture sure made her feel a bit better.

"Look at me."

She looked her, connecting eyes with him. His dark blue-green eyes stared into her simple blue ones.

She sniffed causing him to tighten his grip on her hand.

"We will get her back. I promise. And I don't break promises either." He said as he wiped another tear from her cheek.

The skin against his fingers were smooth nothing he'd ever felt before. He really felt for her. He didn't deserve her trust or for her to care for him like the ancestors claimed but he sure was thankful she did.

"Okay" She whimpered, once again looking back down at their hands for comfort.

He leaned over placing a small kiss on her head and shifting into his seat before starting the car up.

During the ride home, Vanessa looked out the window, brainstorming ways to bring her back.

While Klaus drove with one hand, he made sure to continue his grip onto Vanessa's with his free one. Knowing it was giving her comfort.

As they got home, they both exited the vehicle making their way into the house, no longer holding onto each other. They knew it was no time to hold hands while everyone was home.

Rebekah and Elijah sat next to each other on the table, both not speaking and instead just sitting in silence.

Rebekah stood up, walking over to Klaus and rubbing his arm before walking over to Vanessa and embracing her in a hug.

Once again, the tears beat both of them to it. They were strong, but not strong enough to hold back this sadness.

Sudden crashes broke both of them out of each others grips. They looked over at an angered Marcel who began throwing chairs and tables around.

"That won't bring her back you know." Klaus said as Marcel faced him.

The tears stained his face yet anger was written all over it.