Ch. 18

She handed the phone back to the vampire and thanked him. He simply nodded and continued on his way.

She continued looking at the body in confusion. She didn't understand why just yesterday he was trying to kill all of them for their 'source of power' but now was here dead in the same kind of sacrifice he himself did to others.

"Woah, isn't that..?" Hayley spoke from behind Vanessa.

She turned around and gave her a quick smile before turning back around to examine the body.

"Papa Tunde? Yup" She replied.

"Do the Mikaelson's know?" Hayley asked her

"I just called Klaus."

They continued looking over the body and the deciding to go into the kitchen to make themselves breakfast together.

They began cooking, Vanessa was cooking pancakes while Hayley was making fruit bowls for them.

"So how do you know the Mikaelson's?" Hayley asked her

"It's pretty funny if you ask me." She then proceeded to explain to her how she had just woken up a few days ago and how the witches told her she was supposed to kill Klaus but knew she couldn't.

"Wow. I mean if you ask me, that's pretty cute" She giggled

"Cute? How?" Vanessa asked turning to face her

"Oh come on, I've known you for less than 24 hours and even I saw how Klaus looked at you and you looked at him." She smirked

"What? No." Vanessa tried to deny through red cheeks.

"Oh really? Then why are you so red right now?" Hayley laughed

"It's the hot air of the pancakes..." She tried to say.

"Yeah right" Hayley continued laughing

"So how do you know them?" Vanessa changed the subject.

Hayley quickly stopped laughing.

"What?" Vanessa asked as she noticed the sudden quiet.

"Well, I was a friend of Tyler Lockwood. He had a plan to break the sire bond between Klaus an his hybrids so they could try an take him down and he thought I was helping but in reality I had made a deal with some other guy who said would help me find my family. Basically they were all dead and me and Klaus....talked...about it." She said, whispering the last part

"Talked about it?" Vanessa questioned before realizing what she meant.

"Oh." Was all Vanessa was able to say.

"But it was long ago and trust me when I tell you it meant nothing. He didn't look at me the way he does with you." Hayley pleaded.

"No it's okay. I can't be mad for something that happened when I wasn't even awake." Vanessa nervously laughed.

"Are you sure?" Hayley pouted

"Positive"

They continued cooking but Vanessa couldn't help but feel jealous. She know she had no right and she refused to believe that Klaus actually liked her so she knew it wasn't her place to be jealous over her little crush.

After they ate and put their plates up, Klaus entered the compound with a bag in his hand.

"I found him like this." Vanessa explained to him.

"Papa Tunde took Rebekah out, almost got all three of us, if he was supposed to be their prize fighter, why leave him dead in our front yard?" Klaus questioned.