Ch. 21

A smirk grew over Genevive's face, proud of her work which was that of Klaus now hating his sister.

"Klaus, stop, think about this okay? She's your sister" Vanessa pleaded as she stepped in front of him.

"No sister would ever do that" He said through gritted teeth, looking down at the small figure that tried blocking his way.

Vanessa wasn't sure what she was supposed to say. She wasn't sure how to make him feel better and it hurt her even more as she looked into his eyes and saw tears brimming the edges.

She knew what Rebekah had done was out of pure anger towards her brother but she clearly regretted it and even asked Genevive to undo her spell, but no reason was good enough for Klaus.

"Move Vanessa"

"No."

He huffed in annoyance and softly pushed her to the side, quickly speeding off towards the sound of his sisters grunts.

Vanessa looked angrily and Genevieve and quickly sprinted to where she felt Klaus was headed.

The dirty broken down halls creeped her out as she ran through them. In all honesty, she wasn't sure where she was headed but she too could hear the faint grunts of Rebekah as she crashed into many things.

"Klaus!" She heard Rebekah scream from her left, she quickly ran that way, accepting the fact that Klaus had already found her.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! Please Nikklaus!"

Her ears ached at the sound of her sadness as she pleaded.

Vanessa's lungs burned as she ran, she felt like she had been running forever before she was finally in front of the two siblings.

"I'm your sister Nikkalus" She screamed

"Ah yes, the sister that summoned Mikael into the town I had worked so hard to build, and for what? So you could run off with your little lover Marcellus while I died? What a lovely sister you are" He yelled back

"Klaus..." Vanessa finally spoke. She saw as he tensed up at the sign of her voice but paid no attention to it.

"Vanessa, stay out of this." He muttered

"If you think I'm going to let you torture your sister, my friend, then you ar every wrong. Just stop, think about this, she's your family Klaus" Vanessa's voice echoed throughout the lonely halls.

So far his back had been turned to her, that was until he sped in front of her, anger clear in his eyes.

"Don't bother, after all what do you know about family considering you haven't seen yours in ages. Stay out of it." He said looking down at her.

She wasn't scared, she was hurt actually, at the mention of her family like that. Klaus had never spoken to her in such tone before that day. She had heard multiple times that he was this big bad guy but refused to believe it considering the way he was with her.

For the first time, Vanessa was front row seeing how he was finally showing his anger in front of her.

Her eyes watered slightly but quickly held them back.

"No." She muttered as she took the blade from his hand and shoved it inside of his chest without letting it go.

She didn't want to torture him, she just wanted to give Rebekah enough time to get out.

"Go!" She screamed at her friend.

Klaus let out a scream and looked back down at the girl before him, a shocked expression plastered over his face at the fact that she would actually do that.