Ch. 22

"Vanessa" A deep voice awoke her.

She jumped up out of the chair she had slept in.

Elijah's eyes widened at her sudden actions but nonetheless smiled, as if he wanted to laugh.

"Geez, Elijah, what a way to wake a girl up you know?" She huffed

"What's up?" She continued

"You slept here?" He asked her

"Yeah, I don't think he can hear me but I wanted to keep him company either way" She smiled as she looked over at Klaus who surprisingly seemed to be in the same position he was all night in.

"Alright well, it's good that you're here, I'm gonna take this blade out, and I think you should stay with him, I have a feeling you're going to be the only person he won't want to murder when he wakes up. You can go change, I'll wait until you get back so I can take it out"

"I doubt he won't want to not kill me" She nervously laughed meeting his gaze.

"Why do you say that?"

"I too, stabbed him with that blade, except I held onto it, so it wouldn't go in, he just happens to be stronger" She explained

"He still wouldn't harm you, believe it or not, I can see that my brother is very fond of you" He smirked

"Yeah right. Rebekah said the same thing but I don't believe it. After all, why would he?" She laughed

"You say that because you don't see the way he looks at you. I honestly think that if you wouldn't have came across him, he would still be this bitter hybrid who didn't give a damn about anyone, even his family. But you did come across him, and ever since then, I feel like he's bettering himself, all because of you. So believe it or not, but thank you for that" He smiled

Had he really been looking at her? Had he really changed? She obviously didn't know who he was before, that's why his anger was a first for her, but had he really been trying to better himself for her? Or because of her?

So many questions roamed her mind but instead pushed them aside to go change.

She brushed her teeth and put on blue jeans with a beige sweater on and white slip on's for the day. As always, she did slight makeup and added her jewelry before walking back into Klaus' room.

"So what do you want me to do?" She asked as she watched him put a knife and some napkins down next to Klaus.

"Well, he's going to be very weak, I'm sure you remember how he was at the asylum. Just make sure he doesn't try to leave to go kill our baby sister, frankly he can't really leave considering he's going to be very weak." He explained as he began picking up the knife and sliding it through his abdomen.

He then reached inside and removed the blade and set it down on the stand and quickly cleaned himself up using the napkins.

Klaus let out a heavy breath, finally breaking him from his suffering state.

"If you would, feed him your blood. Slowly though, from the wrist. Considering the fact that you've stayed here for a few days, the vervain should be in your system. That way, it burns him, he'll ingest your blood slowly." He finished.

She darted her eyes towards Klaus, who's eyes began to flutter open.

"Nikklaus, I'm going to find Celeste, it seems as though she might be making a final move against us. I'll find her and finish this." He stated as he began to walk away.

"Elijah" Klaus groaned

"You will pay." He said as he stared deeply into his eyes.

His voice sending shivers down Vanessa's spine.