Ch. 13

Vanessa had just finished organizing the clothes she got earlier that day into her closet making sure to separate a few of them for tonight.

Many scenarios flew through her mind. She had grown fond of the young and sweet witch that soon was going to be executed for some stupid ritual that still didn't make any sense to her.

She grabbed her clothes and made her way to the restroom. She switched from the clothes she had on, to black jeans with two holes in the knees and a black sweater that was a bit big for her but in a cute way. She decided to pair it all up with some black boots that had a small heel to them. She grabbed her dirty clothes and put them into the basket.

She then walked over to the mirror where she had placed all the makeup she had bought earlier that day. She removed her current makeup and decided on redoing it since it was starting to not look its best.

She was very quick with and soon was adding final touches to herself such as earrings, few rings, and lastly, adding a necklace she had bought as well. It was a tiny silver heart that she thought looked cute and couldn't help herself on not buying it.

She had decided to keep her hair down after brushing through it. Leaving it in it's natural wavy state. After everything was done she made her way towards Davina's room. She watched as the witch sat in a chair facing the window. Listening to the wind that hit harshly against the trees.

"You feeling any better?" Vanessa asked her as the only thing heard before that was the small sound of her small heels hitting the ground.

"As well as can be expected." Davina replied, getting up from her chair and sitting instead across the bed.

"We're going to get you back. I promise it." she reassured.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." She replied with a saddened look.

"Hey, when I make promises, I keep them." Vanessa told her as she grabbed her hand, reassuring her.

Soon Marcel entered the room. "It's time to go."

Vanessa looked once more at Davina, sending a small smile towards her before both of them got up and followed Marcel down the stairs.

Before we left, we heard the winds speed up furiously and soon completely stop.

"At least the wind stopped." Elijah spoke out within the crowd

Before anyone could answer, the loud noise of water began hitting the ground before them.

"Thanks for jinxing us." Rebekah slapped the back of his head lightly

Klaus then appeared with three umbrellas, he handed one to Rebekah and one to Marcel, keeping the last one for himself.

Rebekah and Elijah began walking out under the umbrella, followed by Marcel and Davina.

"Shall we?" Klaus asked as he opened the umbrella gesturing for Vanessa to hop under it.

She sent him a smile and got under it. There was no need to duck under, seeing as how Klaus was taller than her.

He brought her over to the passenger seat of his car and opened the door for her to get in. She thanked him and soon he made his way over to the drivers side.

Soon they were on their way to the cemetery where the witches all agreed to meet at.

"The rain's getting worse by the second. I really hope this works." Vanessa broke the silence.

It wasn't a far drive but every second they spent in the car could be another second being in danger of the heavy rainstorm.

"I hope so too."