Ch. 7

This house hold was way better than whatever place Vanessa was in before. They're choice of design was very intriguing to her

Touching over the fabric that lay over the bed. Very soft and thick, making her point across that everything was much better here.

A knock was heard at the door causing her to turn instantly, The door slowly creaked open, revealing Klaus himself who looked over at the intimidated young girl.

"Sorry to interrupt love, just making sure you're getting all settled in" He asked her

"I don't really have much to settle in with but yes, everything is fine, thank you" She smiled at him.

"Might I add, I love the style of your home. I haven't seen something that remotely reminded me of the old days quite like your home. I guess the modern days are just that different from what I remember." Vanessa laughed, once more taking in everything in front of her.

"I do have some interest in what goes into my home for decorations, I've always loved the style of those days." He smiled at her

He continued staring at the young girl in front of him, noticing her smile widen as she took in every detail of her room.

"You are more than welcome to stay here Miss Vanessa. After all you did save me" He smirked at her

She grew almost nervous at the hybrids smirk, not knowing what to do with her hands.

"Vanessa is fine. And I really don't want to be a bother Klaus. If you wish, I can be out of your hair by tomorrow." She offered up.

"Don't be ridiculous love. After what you did today, I should be handing over the deed to the house don't you think?"

A smile emerged from his face as he watched the young beauty laugh at his silly joke.

"Tomorrow, you and Rebekah can make your ways down to the city to shop. That way you can get familiar with the modern techniques and what not. You'll get whatever you need to settle in. That way my sister can teach you more about the new days seeing as how you have barely any experience. Trust me, you'll grow to love it." He explained to her

"Klaus. I really don't want to be a bother." She whined out

"Love, you're anything but that." He smirked once more at her.

Something about the newly awakened girl sparked something in him. He felt the sudden urge to protect the powerful creature even though he was more than positive she could handle anything by herself. He wasn't sure if it was the way she was oddly kind to everyone or the smile that always emerged on her face no matter what, that intrigued him so much.

"Are you hungry?" He asked her

"How'd you know?" She giggled.

"Well love, the growling of you're stomach kind of gave it away" He smiled.

"Oh" She smiled embarrassed.

"Come on, I'm sure Bekah and Elijah wouldn't mind having dinner with us." He smiled before opening the door and allowing her to exit to the balcony.

He led the way and together they both walked down the stairs together.

As they reached the other two siblings, she once again, began admiring the architecture of the home and at the same time listening to the conversation.

"Nik, I think all the cooks went home for the day." Rebekah explained

"Bloody hell." Klaus huffed

"We could just call one of them to come back?"

"Or we could just all go out into the town?"

The siblings offered up.

"I can make something?" The brunette girl interfered with the family.

"Oh darling, we wouldn't make you cook for us on your first day here." Rebekah explained to her

"No, really I insist. Plus, if i'm going to be staying here, this is the least I could do." She smiled at the three of them.

"Love, I told you, after today, it's me who should be thanking you." Klaus explained, fully facing Vanessa.

"No really. I actually miss cooking, I want to." Her smile grew.

They finally caved in after she gave them puppy eyes, which Klaus' heart slightly fluttered for.

"Perfect. So which way is the kitchen? This way?" She asked as she began walking towards the exit.

Klaus quickly turned her on her heels towards the opposite direction, "More, like this way."

"Right." She giggled as the four of them marched their way into the kitchen.

After Elijah explained where everything was, she decided on cooking seared pork chops with cherries and spinach.

After an hour, her plates were all ready and she felt satisfactory in her cooking. It's like she never lost her touch.

"Mind if I help out?" Klaus offered as he picked up two of the plates for the young girl.

She nodded with a smile and picked up the other two plates. They walked over to the table where the other two siblings sat.

"My God, Vanessa, that smells delicious! What in God's name did you cook? Heaven?" Rebekah joked

"My mother taught me it, years ago of course, and you guys had every ingredient so I thought why not make this?" she said as she placed down her plate along with Klaus'

Klaus exited the room for a few minutes before coming back with a bottle of champagne in his hand.

"I can't seem to remember the last time all of us had a meal together like this." Rebekah stated.

Gaining a smile from her brothers.

It was true, they always spent most of their time arguing and starting fights. If it wasn't one thing, it sure was another. But not tonight.

Tonight they felt united. If it wasn't for Vanessa, they wouldn't be having this dinner right now. So Rebekah felt extremely thankful for the girl.

And throughout their long dinner, they shared laughs and stories. Making Vanessa very happy that she came upon these people. She couldn't figure out why on earth the witches would want them dead. From what she saw, they were nothing but amazing.

And in that moment, she knew she would be devoted to protecting that family.