Ch. 11

Both of them walked in together. V examined her surroundings as usual.

The church clearly was abandoned yet candles were lit towards the very front.

"She's up here." Klaus called out as he led Vanessa down a hall.

V was quick to follow him. She slightly pushed the door open revealing a panicked young girl in a dress.

"Who are you and what do you want?" She yelled as she rose her hands up, making the building shake, along with making the hybrid fall to the ground, whining out in pain.

Vanessa flinched at the sound of Klaus in pain, reminiscing to the same sounds he made when the other witches were hurting him as well.

"Hey hey hey, okay calm down. My name is Vanessa, I'm a friend of Marcel. I just came to talk to you." Vanessa negotiated with the young girl.

She couldn't have been more than 16 years old.

"Talk about what?" Davina asked, her hands still in the air.

"About you. And that ritual. But i am gonna need you to stop hurting Klaus okay? We're just here to help." She tried

"Klaus brings nothing but pain to everyone. Maybe this is what he deserves." She said as she rose her hands higher, making Klaus cry out in even more pain.

The building shook heavily. Things fell to the ground around all of them.

"And what about the innocent lives around New Orleans? They deserve it too? Stop hurting him so we can talk. Please Davina" Vanessa pleaded.

The young young stared at the brunette in front of her, and did what she said. She dropped her hands and quickly the cries of Klaus were no longer heard.

He sat on the ground, holding at his head as he watched V from behind, amazed at her way with words and capability to calm down the agitated girl.

"Who are you? How do you know about that harvest ritual?" She asked V

"Well, I don't know much, I was hoping you could fill in some blanks for me so I can understand better." She explained to her.

Davina looked at her with confusion, deciding whether or not to trust her.

"My name is Vanessa. Two days ago, I was awaken by the same witches that took place in your harvest ritual, in an attempt to kill Klaus. I was down for two centuries."

"Clearly it was unsuccessful." Davina looked over at Klaus who still sat on the floor.

"I actually saved him."

"Why? He's nothing but a monster who will stop at nothing to get what he wants." Davina began.

"Because I saw something in him worth saving." Vanessa explained, gaining looks from the other two people in the room.

"No offense, but how were you supposed to kill him? He's not exactly the easiest to bring down." She stated.

"I'm not sure. The witches only told me that my body would know what to do once I was close to him."

"So what? You're a witch?" She asked

"I don't think so. Maybe one of some sort but not particularly like you and those other witches. You see, yesterday, one of them had me do a protective spell to protect what we were talking about, I asked Marcel if you sensed it but he said you didn't. That's when we came to the conclusion that I draw my power from the earth. I was never able to figure out why those witches kept saying I was mother nature but then I understood." Vanessa explained

"You're her?" Davina asked with a wide mouth.

"I'm sorry?" Vanessa asked in confusion

"I convinced myself that everything about those witches was a lie. But i guess not. They always spoke of a mother nature. They said she was the answer to many of our problems in this world and that once we found you, the world would soon be a better world." Davina explained.

Klaus stood up and made himself over to where the two girls were at. Focusing mainly on Vanessa.

"Wow." V managed to say

"You didn't know or what?" Davina asked her.

"No. There's a lot of things i'm barely finding out about now. So help me fill in those blanks i told you about."

And they began talking about everything Davina knew about the harvest ritual and those witches. Explaining how four girls were chosen for the ritual and how when one died, or was killed, the power moved onto the next, but when it was stopped by Marcel, all that magic stayed with Davina, making her one of the most powerful creatures on the planet.

Suddenly, Klaus got a call, which he then excused himself from the room to take it.

Meanwhile, Davina continued speaking to Vanessa about everything she knew. Vanessa explained to her the encounter she had with the witch today which caused Davina to panic.

"Hey hey! We are not going to let them harm you, do you understand me?" V tried explaining.

Once again, the earth began to shake, causing more things to fall to the ground.

Suddenly, Davina began coughing.

"Hey, you're okay you're okay" V began soothing the back of the young girl.

Before she knew it, Davina began coughing up dirt. They both looked at each other in unison, questioning what the hell was going on.

"Klaus, get in here!" Vanessa yelled out as she sat behind the girl, patting at her back in an attempt to help.

Klaus rushed in, hand in his phone as he looked at the scene in front of him.

"Yeah, I think Sophie might be right." He said before putting his phone in his pocket.

"What happened? What did Reb say?" V asked quickly

"She said that Sophie explained that one person was never meant to hold this much power. The reason for the harvest ritual is for the power that manifests through each girl, to then go back into the earth and therefore, have the power in the ancestors restored. They knew Davina wouldn't be able to handle it. That's why they want us to give her back so they can finish the ritual." He explained

"Okay, we're not taking her there. And we're also not leaving her alone here. Let's take her with Marcel." Vanessa suggested. Klaus quickly nodded as he headed towards Davina, quickly picking her up and rushing down back into the car.

Once they set her in the back, the both of them rushed to the front seats quickly beginning to drive.

"You should know one more thing." Klaus said in a low voice, quickly looking over to the brunette next to him.

She looked at him with a questioned look.

"She's going through the phases of the earth. If we're not taking her to the witches, you need to be prepared for that." He said quietly looking over at the scared girl next to him.

"Oh my God. It's earth, wind, water, and then fire. Isn't it?" Vanessa asked him to which he simply nodded. "That's why that witch said that if we wanted to see New Orleans standing, then we had to hand her over, isn't it?" Gaining another nod from Klaus

"If we don't take her, we need to be prepared for the fact that everything will soon be destroyed." He added.

Vanessa simply looked back at the young girl who slept in the backseat.

She looked back at Klaus with an understanding look.

Who would've thought mother nature was so okay with having the world burn down.