Ch. 19

"Alright Hayley, what do you have planned for your little family of wolfs?" Rebekah asked from one end of the clothing line.

The girls were hanging up clothes on it for Hayley's family to wear.

"I was thinking maybe we could grill outside, I don't know much about it but I'm sure once they get here one of them will offer to help" She smiled gesturing to the grill that was opened up.

They all laughed and once they finished hanging the clothes up, they made their way inside to prepare more food.

"I can make a fruit bowl?" Vanessa offered

"Yes please!" Hayley begged

Vanessa was quick to get to work. Rebekah offered to go help Hayley outside and put tables up and cool the beers.

She began cutting up pineapples, strawberries, and mangoes.

As she finished up about half and hour later she then started washing the dishes. It was around 5 when she finally was finished. She picked up her bowl and gasped as she came face to face with an unfamiliar person.

"Need any help?" The long hair blonde asked staring at her up and down.

"Who are you?" Her voice trembled

"A friend of Hayley's, you could say" He smirked her way.

It wasn't that she was scared by him, it was the fact that he stood  in front of her, completely naked.

Her eyes glimpsed at him but focused straight in his eyes.

"Umm, great, yes, um" She stuttered

He laughed at the sight of her nervousness

"Yes, clothes are out in the garden by the way" She said as she broke eye contact with him to point outside.

"Perfect, maybe I can properly introduce myself later" He smirked once again before turning on his heel and heading towards the back.

She let out her breath and turned to the window, she saw around 15 people grabbing clothes and putting them on.

"I hope you're not thinking of cheating on my brother tonight" Rebekah spoke from the doorway.

"Don't be ridiculous. Plus, me and your brother aren't even anything." Vanessa tried to defend only to find herself turning red at her comment.

"Darling, I've been alive for over 1,000 years, you can't fool me." Rebekah said as she got closer.

"However, whatever his name is, sure does come with a lot of package, I could see why you would consider it." She laughed as they both looked out the window

"Gross!" Vanessa laughed as she covered her eyes innocently.

"Oh come on! Don't act like that's not the first you've ever seen" Rebekah laughed

Vanessa simply didn't respond hoping the topic would quickly go away.

"That's not the first one you've ever seen right?" Rebekah asked, her smile fading

Vanessa once again, didn't speak. Back in the day, this was normal. Especially for her age. She could clearly see how times have changed.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of you know that right?" Rebekah assured her. Rebekah understood the girl and for a moment found herself even being slightly jealous of the girl with a clean slate.

Almost as if reading her mind, Rebekah spoke once again, "You've been awake for a few days only, back in the day, i understand if was completely normal for us girls to have that clean slate. We were expected to lose it the day we married, unfortunately you were put down, so you of all people, really didn't have a choice about it."